Worst Answers for "Why Medicine"?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Because I have always liked animals but I flunked out of vet school.

Members don't see this ad.

t was between this and wondering in the park all day long collecting beer bottles and frankly I got tired of bending over.

It was either this or joining a gang.

It was either this or strap on the tool belt and build houses in the hot sun.

It was either this or life as a professional hobo and I don’t really have the proper beard to be a hobo.

Oh, this is just part of me being in a witness protection program. I don't actually plan to graduate.

Since my bank accounts are frozen, I was hoping to get some loans and leave for Canada.

The Judge said it was either this or juvie.

It was either this or visiting the in-laws.

It was either this or go hunting with Dick Cheney.

I always wanted to be a chef and I love the white unform, but I could not stand the hat.

After working at a glue factory for 3 years, a light flahsed before my eyes and a voice in my head said "now you shall become a doctor."

It was either this or an architect and I am afraid of heights.

Members don't see this ad :)
"Because my mom told me I had to become a doctor"

-Anyone from South Asia will know what I'm talking about.

True that.... My parents set career plans for all 3 of us since we were little.

dc08d7f241a06998b9d95afe1873ca2e.jpg

Ok, is it just me, or is that the real life version of Peter Griffin (with long hair)?

because you take it when you're sick

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

That made my day.

nice. (& a little true...)

"I don't want to study medicine. I just want to become a doctor."

How'd they decide who was to become the doctors? Did you draw the short straw?

I don't know, in our family we don't have any female doctors so thats why they probably picked me lol, but I like medicine I have always been interested in it. Maybe its because I have always been told that or maybe because I have been surrounded by doctors, or something I don't know all I do know is that I have always wanted to go in medicine.

I don't know, in our family we don't have any female doctors so thats why they probably picked me lol, but I like medicine I have always been interested in it. Maybe its because I have always been told that or maybe because I have been surrounded by doctors, or something I don't know all I do know is that I have always wanted to go in medicine.

I'm glad you don't feel conflicted. I hope you are content with your career choice in the long run (as I hope for myself, even though I've had no external pressure influencing my decision). Best of luck!

Ok, is it just me, or is that the real life version of Peter Griffin (with long hair)?

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

That made my day.

perhaps....

geez, there's at least one human on this board who actually *laughs* at random stuff....sad lot.