Worst/Best state to live in terms of Med School Choices

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Because it's variable. It depends on how good your stats are and what you want out of college. Give us some criteria and we'll lay out the best and worst options for you.

Well, for someone who is a fairly competitive applicant (pretty good grades and ECs etc)

Members don't see this ad.

woohoo! i'm pretty much unstoppable during quiz night at the pub

to be precise, tho, the WWAMI students from AK do spend their M1 year at UWSOM in Anchorage (at UAA I think, so not technically a medical school)

The OP started out saying that s/he couldn't move away from home for med school... I've never lived more than 15 miles from a med school (true in countless homes in 3 different states) but obviously, there are large populations who can't possiblly live home and go to med school.

Members don't see this ad :)
Delaware is most certainly the worst state in terms of med school selection. Anyone want to guess why?

Delaware is most certainly the worst state in terms of med school selection. Anyone want to guess why?

How far away is the most distant village in Delaware to the nearest medical school? Not that far, I would argue. Sure there aren't any in-state schools but there are at least a half-dozen private schools within 100 miles, aren't there?

How far away is the most distant village in Delaware to the nearest medical school? Not that far, I would argue. Sure there aren't any in-state schools but there are at least a half-dozen private schools within 100 miles, aren't there?

Yes, you're right. There are a bunch of schools in the surrounding states, and at least one (Jefferson Medical College) reserves a few seats for students from Delaware. It still sucks having to pay OOS tuition, though.