worst city in the world, philly

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drago

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
and what do you mean a miniature new york without all the crowds? that's like saying it's like a hamburgar with no meat.

Members don't see this ad.

Like a veggie burger?

nah, it's chicago--where the wind blows cold and the only thing you can count on is that you can't count on anything.

Members don't see this ad :)
i was brought up to love THE CITY but since my girlfriend goes to Villanova, philly kinda grew on me...it is like a hamburger without the meat...philly is just like a cute little place to hang

Originally posted by bubbaap:
•nah, it's chicago--where the wind blows cold and the only thing you can count on is that you can't count on anything.•
There are only two seasons in Chicago--winter and road repair. :) (from today's paper in Milwaukee)

As for me, though, I think I could live anywhere, at least for a few years or so.

The Detroit scene has been ****ty ever since the French got here in 1701. And now it's at an all time low. :eek: ;) :mad: :D :rolleyes: :oops: :cool: :(

I've known New York, I've lived in New York, I've worked in New York, and Philly, sir, is no New York!

Sorry, couldn't resist. It is, however, true. I've lived in both cities and found New York to be more 'energizing'. Living in Philly was depressing. It seemed a darker city, not as upbeat as New York.

And I lived in some pretty crappy NYC neighborhoods. ;) 100th and B'way one year, a YMCA a couple blocks away from the Garden one year. But I loved it. I couldn't live there now, I'm too much a country girl at heart. But given a choice between NYC or Philly, I'd choose NYC every time.

Nova