worst day ever

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

justin_od

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
well, this seems like a good place to vent........got laid off today, come home and find two, not one, rejection letters...........stanford and pitt......can anything else go wrong

Members don't see this ad.

i'm sorry :( . Just remember time will heal everything...and don't give up.

justin,
i'm so sorry to hear about your awful day...but please remember that things will get better..i know it's easy for me to say but it really will...simseema is right...time will heal everything...best of luck in the future...

MSF

Members don't see this ad :)
Why the hell wouldya wanna go to Stanford anyway? ;)

Don't give up!!!

Alicia

Justin,
Sorry to hear about your bad news....
Hang in there........
Good things will happen for you down the line...........
We're keeping good thoughts for ya.
L

There are other schools.....and other jobs.
Worse things have happened. You'll be fine if you try to regain your positive attitude (you must have had it to apply to Stanford ;) ). Good luck job hunting and in the application process. :)

Yeah, I was really depressed today too. I make jokes about it, but I've gotten two rejections already and in my heart they get me down. Then my car wouldn't start this morning, some really important mice in my research died needlessly, well, you get the picture. Some days everyone feels like the have a big "L" tatoo on their forehead for LOSER!

the concept of conservation of energy applies in real life: bad times right now will always lead to really good times sooner or later. hopefully you'll be sitting on interview invites soon and even acceptances; that'll balance stuff out! about Stanford, they reject almost everyone without a secondary. they are known to have a large ego and a snobby attitude.

I'm sorry to hear about your horrible day. I'll tell you what...go out right now and rent the movie "Office Space". Plus, buy a 6, 12, or 18 pack and chill out. And, if you're lucky enough to have the "resources", go find two chicks and...I'll leave the rest up to you! You know what I'm talking about man?! Ok...maybe my suggestion may not be the best, but it's a start! Things will turn around. Be positive and keep your head up.

P.S. At least watch Office Space. It will help.

Good luck

Take it one step at a time, my friend. Remember when you were a baby and learned to walk for the first time? You, as i did, probably cried the hell out of such a tough task, but u conquered it.
You shall reap the harvest of your patience, i guarantee it. We all do :)

I second the suggestion to watch Office Space!! Absolutely the most hilarious movie of all time. You cannot watch it and continue to feel bad. :D :D :D :D

"Looks like someone's got a case of the Mondays." :rolleyes: Atlas has the BEST advice EVER! Office Space heals all wounds, no matter how deep. Alright Office Space Bud, good to have you back in the game. Damn, it feels good to be a gangsta! :D

Oh, Boo Hoo...you got rejected by a school that is often rated number one in the country, and a public school...two of the most competitive places to be...unless you're in Africa with the rest of the Survivor bunch. Come on homeboy, buck up. If this is your worst day ever, where you got laid off then rejected by two top notch schools in the country, where 250 people matriculate out of 14,000 applicants, you've led a fairly charmed life. On a far less satirical note, I wouldn't worry about this. You need only one medical school acceptance, and a fat wad of bills in your pocket to pay for it. The loans take care of the last part, and I wouldn't worry about the acceptance. The application process and the MCAT are both endurance tests, so DON'T GIVE UP. We need people like yourself, who are committed to the mission of medical doctors. As for the lay-off...well, there's always drunken stupor...obviously with cheap domestic crap. :D

Worst episode ever.

WoooooHOOOOO!!! Office Space rulez!!!! Damn it feels good to be a gangsta!!! You gotta feel good when they smash up that funky fax machine!!!! As a senior member and frequent poster to SDN, I prescribe to you a dozen 250mg doses of Office Space. Don't listen to the saps who give you crap. Kick back, watch the movie, and by tomorrow, you'll have a new outlook on life. I promise you that.

Yeah...about those TPS reports.........I am going to have to ask you to come in on Saturday......yeah.......and I am going to have to ask you to come in on Sunday, too.........

"Yeah, That would be GREEEEEEEAT." hehe. :D

Yeah...about those TPS reports.........I am going to have to ask you to come in on Saturday......yeah.......and I am going to have to ask you to come in on Sunday, too.........

It's easily one of the funniest movies of our time. It really puts life into perspective. I think justin_od should seriously sit down, watch it, and soak up the message the movie presents. It will really make you feel much better. You gotta love it! I love every bit of that movie. Now, I ask you this, what would you do if you had a million dollars? Everyone should stop and think about how they might answer this. :) It's very philosophical, yet psychologically healing.

Thanks guys.....truly, u guys are da bomb.......time is the greatest healer......and i will rent Office Space tonight and watch with my gf.....again, thank you so much for your support..ever since day 1 here at SDN, everyone here has been awesome........thanks