worst MCAT anxiety dreams?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MeowMix

10+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
It's the season - I'd like to hear about others' MCAT nightmares.

I take a nap during the verbal because I know I have lots of time. When I wake up, there is only 1 minute left and I still haven't answered 18 questions. I start randomly bubbling in answers, but the bubbles on the answer sheet have expanded so they are four questions high and four choices wide, and I know all my answers are going to be marked wrong. I start to panic.

When I get to the writing sample, it takes me 15 minutes to page through and find the first prompt in the 50-page test booklet. Then I find out that we have to do 3 essays at 20 minutes each, instead of 2 at 30.

Members don't see this ad.

You know, I haven't had an MCAT dream in awhile. My last MCAT dream was about 2 weeks after the MCAT and in my dream we somehow got our scores back much earlier than expected and my scores were letters instead of numbers. Although the dream was kind of ruined then because I knew it was a dream. Earlier (like days after the MCAT) I would have I MCAT dream per day for a span of 4-5 days and each day I would get a different score. One day, I would get a 36 or 39 and other days I would get 25 and 26. The funny thing was that during each dream, I really thought that it was the real thing and each time I would get the scores, I would have a different reaction. It was like the movie Groundhogs Day when the guy was reliving the same day over and over again.

I had one a few nights ago--

I was at home and for some reason my mom had an envelope with my scores in it. I went off by myself to open it only to find page after page of text that alluded to scores, but never actually gave them. At some points I thought I had done really well, then another part would point toward my getting all 5s or something else really bad. I went back to my mom and she had yet another envelope filled with the same sort of vague papers that suggested I did poorly, but never told me my actual score. I woke up very afraid and frustrated.

I still get the occasional anxiety that I miss bubbled an answer in the wrong answer bubble (I usually skip around when I take tests) and thereby threw off all my other answers. I sure hope not!

When I was grinding thru my prerequs I used to have constant dreams about the material I was studying. Like if I was doing Bio, I would lie down for a nap and have these weird jumbled dreams where I was still basically studying and going over the memorization and whatnot.

An Orgo prof of mine had told us one class that the nerons will form better synapses as you learn if you only study hard for 2 hours, take a 20 minute nap, and then get back to work! I guess I believed him ....

Anywhoo ... all my hard MCAT studying for #2, for months and months :eek: I only had one dream: I lay down for my alotted 20 minute nap and dreamt that I got a 39. I never even got anywhere near that on my practice tests !

Now, all those months of chronic studying, flashcards on the subway, charts and graphs of hormones, renal systems, metabolism and feedback - not one other MCAT dream. That kind of scared me tho ... :eek: the whole freakin' thing scares me ....

It's such a coincidence that i came across this link b/c as a matter of fact i dreamt about getting my MCAT scores just this past night! One of my old professors came and handed me an envelope and enclosed were my scores. Inside the envelope was a single scantron sheet and on the back of the sheet was the number i had gotten incorrect, marked in red. According to my dream, i only had 7 wrong! Too bad my dream wasn't real.
:( Oh well...:mad: