Worst med schools...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MrJosh9788

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
in your opinion. it doesn't have to be academics, since most are very good, but also location, campus, etc.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Harvard. Could you imagine being surrounded by rabid Red Sox fans 24/7? As soon as you're off-campus, I imagine a horde of zombies speaking about "Pesky's Pole" and muttering something about "Bill Buckner." It'd be horribly upsetting.

Any med school that doesn't accept you.

Indeed. And schools in which you are waist listed are not bad schools, at least not yet, but they have the opportunity to accept you and became great schools! What a turn around, huh?

in your opinion. it doesn't have to be academics, since most are very good, but also location, campus, etc.

I don't know if this thread is likely to get a whole lot of unbiased responses, but I think the question is highly subjective anyways.

Example: If you used the criteria of location, then one could answer..."The worst medical school? Johns Hopkins." True, its not in the nicest neighborhood and you might worry about getting blasted when you walk off the campus. But then someone could say...well Baltimore is a cool city, so JHU is one of the best based on location. Of course nobody in their right mind would say this is the worst medical school because of all the other factors, but if you stripped it down to location it could go either way.

Indeed. And schools in which you are waist listed are not bad schools, at least not yet, but they have the opportunity to accept you and became great schools! What a turn around, huh?
Yup, you gotta be understanding and give those guys a second chance, eh?:thumbup::hardy:

Harvard. Could you imagine being surrounded by rabid Red Sox fans 24/7? As soon as you're off-campus, I imagine a horde of zombies speaking about "Pesky's Pole" and muttering something about "Bill Buckner." It'd be horribly upsetting.

Haha I completely agree! I mean I'm still going to apply....I'll just take my yankee hat and put it in the trunk of my car......

ould you imagine being surrounded by rabid Red Sox fans 24/7?

Hey! :(

<--- Was living in Boston, one mile away from Fenway when the Sox won the Series in 2004. Oh, and the Boston Globe that came out the next day with the great headline, stories and pictures? Came out on my birthday! :thumbup:

Example: If you used the criteria of location, then one could answer..."The worst medical school? Johns Hopkins." True, its not in the nicest neighborhood and you might worry about getting blasted when you walk off the campus.

From my limited experience, the area around LA County (USC; East LA) or New Haven (Yale) is worse.