Worth an update letter?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Gaucho97

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone! I was wondering if its worth sending an update letter to schools for things such as beginning clinical research (for the first time), job promotion and helping establish a program within my work? I am not sure if schools are receptive to these and I would definitely send them if they have the slightest impact. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey everyone! I was wondering if its worth sending an update letter to schools for things such as beginning clinical research (for the first time), job promotion and helping establish a program within my work? I am not sure if schools are receptive to these and I would definitely send them if they have the slightest impact. Thanks!
I think combining those would make a great update letter! However, I'd wait to send it until later in the cycle. If you get waitlisted at the two schools you're interviewing at, then I would fire away.

For the schools you're still waiting to hear from for an II, I'd also wait. From the advice I've received on here, sending updates pre-II don't really make much of an impact most of the time.

I think combining those would make a great update letter! However, I'd wait to send it until later in the cycle. If you get waitlisted at the two schools you're interviewing at, then I would fire away.

For the schools you're still waiting to hear from for an II, I'd also wait. From the advice I've received on here, sending updates pre-II don't really make much of an impact most of the time.
Thank you! If it comes down to that ill make sure to do so!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
This is not the time, nor are these likely to be updates that help (even at schools that "consider" them).

Reactions: 3 users
Nope and nope

Reactions: 4 users