deleted

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ezryk

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
*deleted

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I think with your stats + URM status, no schools are really out of reach. I would just apply this cycle and give it a 100%, assuming you have the basic required ECs (150+clinical/150+nonclinical and 50+ shadowing)

Reactions: 1 user
Hi all,

Bit of a weird question. Up until a month ago, I was planning on applying this cycle. I have since found an amazing opportunity that offers a two-year position. I was wondering if it would be stupid to apply to a few of my dream schools this cycle. That way the cycle could be a lot more manageable (only applying to about 5 schools) and if I got in then great but if not then "no" harm done. However, I am nervous about becoming a reapplicant on the (likely) chance that I would not get in. Can someone give me more insight on this choice? For reference, I am a 4.0/519 URM Hispanic. Pretty much all of these schools are T10... I appreciate any advice.
With your stats I'd go all in this cycle. You might have to burn that bridge though for that two year commitment.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think it depends mostly on the 2 year opportunity. No one is doubting your chances at getting in even this year, but medical school will still be there in 2 years and youll have an equal, if not higher, chance (depending on this opportunity) then as well. Is it worth it to you to completely forego whatever this amazing opportunity is to start school earlier?

I would decide what it is you want to do--the two-year position or medical school--and commit wholeheartedly to that option.

Reactions: 2 users