Worth finding 10/20 more hours shadowing?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheBiologist

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have 20 hours shadowing one doctor. Despite my efforts to gain more experience the doctors I have asked were all unable to provide me the opportunity to shadow them. I go back to school this semester which will make it even harder to find people; I apply in June.

My question is, should I struggle to find 10/20 more hours or should I just focus on volunteering and other things? thankss

Members don't see this ad.

I have 20 hours shadowing one doctor. Despite my efforts to gain more experience the doctors I have asked were all unable to provide me the opportunity to shadow them. I go back to school this semester which will make it even harder to find people; I apply in June.

My question is, should I struggle to find 10/20 more hours or should I just focus on volunteering and other things? thankss
Have you asked your doctor? or you former pediatrician? or your Parents doctor(s)?

More shadowing never hurts. That being said, I had only 20 hours of shadowing with one doctor. Accepted to two schools so far. n = 1, but you'll probably be okay. Just make sure you highlight how meaningful/broad-based/multifaceted the shadowing experience was.