Worth getting uworld or Kaplan step 2 qbank for MS2?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Brahventus

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Our class exams emphasize a lot of clinical step 2 type material in addition to pathology. I found step up 2 medicine to be very helpful in preparing for our exams and was wondering if I should go ahead and purchase a Step 2 specific qbank to study for clinical portions of ms2.

Members don't see this ad.

My thoughts would be no. You should probably be focused on step 1 type information which, while has a significant amount of overlap with step 2, is more than enough to keep you occupied until you finish step 1.

If your class is really so oriented towards step 2 information in 2nd year that upper classmen have recommended that you get a step 2 qbank to help with your class exams, then sure, go for it. But for just helping out in general, I'd have to think it would be a waste of time and money.

Reactions: 1 user
Not necessarily to study for step 2 but to have practice questions for studying clinical aspects of school exams. Are there any other cheaper/free alternatives for these type of practice questions?