Worth it do EK 1001 Chem/Physics?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

leagall

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Worth it to do EK 1001 Chem/Physics? Or should I start practicing right away with passages?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Depends on how comfortable you are with the material -- generally EK 1001 Chem/Physics is for reinforcing the basics.

Books are good to cement understanding of concepts. I wouldn't spend too much time on them though. Passage practice is more important in my opinion. I just used EK 1001 Chem/Phys to go over areas I felt I was weak in/had problems in during practice tests.

Members don't see this ad :)
i found it helpful. you learn little tricks from them that you can apply to passages.

some of the questions in those books are way beyond MCAT level, but they are solid practice, some of those problems are a bit mind numbing though, but you get more comfortable on the real test because of them.

I really liked EK 1001 in all the subjects except Physics. For Chemistry, I thought it was very good at really solidifying the concepts so they became second nature to you. Even though they didn't have passage based questions or particularly tricky questions, I think they did a very good job and teaching you the basics and everything you should know. If you have time then I would suggest do it. Skip the physics though, I thought it was nothing like the MCAT and was much more like textbooks questions than general knowledge MCAT style questions. They had too many complex concepts with too many difficult calculations. In my opinion, I wouldn't recommend that EK 1001 Physics to anyone.

Hope this helps,

-LIS