Worth it to apply to TCOM as oos from the east coast?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

donkeykong1

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Theres no doubt that tcom is an awesome school, but i'm trying to figure out if its worth it to shell out about 120 dollars to apply via tmdsas and compete for a seat among the 15-19 spots available for non-texas residents (according to fa2010 stats 294 non-residents applied for 19 spots).

i'm considering applying to 2 other state schools at the moment: oucom, umdnj. however these schools aren't as instate picky as tcom, and they don't have their own app service

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Theres no doubt that tcom is an awesome school, but i'm trying to figure out if its worth it to shell out about 120 dollars to apply via tmdsas and compete for a seat among the 15-19 spots available for non-texas residents (according to fa2010 stats 294 non-residents applied for 19 spots).

i'm considering applying to 2 other state schools at the moment: oucom, umdnj. however these schools aren't as instate picky as tcom, and they don't have their own app service

Give it a shot. Whats 120 bucks? A tank and half of gas.

Just apply early, 1/4 of my interview group was OOS. just keep positive.

I agree with slammer922. If you apply really early, I think it's worth a shot.
As long as you get into a school next year, all the money you spent will probably seem worth it

I agree with slammer922. If you apply really early, I think it's worth a shot.
As long as you get into a school next year, all the money you spent will probably seem worth it

thx future class mate lol