Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

worth it to buy the cbt exams?

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by lala83, Mar 26, 2007.

1. lala83

lala83 Member

Medical Student
    i took the mcat last august (the last paper version), and i'm retaking it on april 16. i have all the aamc paper version tests, so do you think it's worth it to buy the cbt tests also? has anyone been in this situation and seen an advantage to buying the computerized tests?

i know we get one test for free, but just wanted to know how much more it helped. also, once you purchase a test online, do you have almost immediate access? (wanted to know just in case i do decide to buy the tests and i'm at the 3 week marker now!)

thanks!

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. HippocratesX

HippocratesX Member

they are the same exact tests, just shortened. The only problem is, it would be hard to guage your performance unless you know how they shortened it and what their score conversion chart is to the cbt format.

i'd say maybe just buy the last 3 cbts and practice with those on computer and do the paper format ones for practice (just do the whole thing, so u know where ur score stands) the aamc says there is no significant difference in individuals' scores from paper format to cbt.

4. kstreet

Medical Student
    Yes, yes, and yes. Totally, completely worth it.

If there is one thing you do from now till you take the test, buy the cbts and take them as if they were the real thing.

5. lala83

lala83 Member

Medical Student
    thanks for the advice! i went to go purchase them, but it's asking me for a shipping address too...so do they send a cd with the practice tests on them in the mail? i assumed you got a password and could take them online. how many days did it take for them to come in?

6. CTtarheel

CTtarheel Senior Member

Medical Student
    taking practice tests was the most useful prep. i did. Look on ebay, you might be able to find them there for much cheaper.

7. raptors

Anychance anyone has the score conversion charts for the new paper formats? I also have the old ones (except tests 9 and 10) and do not want to purchase the CBT tests.

Also, anyone have any ideas how I should do the AAMC test because I have the old ones? Just randomly take out some passages for each section?

8. CTtarheel

CTtarheel Senior Member

Medical Student
    um . . . how about just doing the whole thing? Seeing more types of questions can't possibly hurt you!