Worth mentioning in my work/activities section? (Presentation category)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

srirachachili

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I am presenting/posting a pre-recorded presentation to a science festival held annually at my university and I wanted to make sure this is worthy of putting under the "presentations" category for the work and activities section.

This presentation is somewhat like a literature review (we did not perform any research and are not presenting our own results). My partner and I did extensive research on this topic for about a month, then presented it to the students, staff, and community members. I've reflected a lot on this experience and believe I could write a strong description for it. It taught me how to convey/share complex information into easy to understand topics for the general public, a skill that a practicing physician should have. If this does not count, I will not have a "posters/presentation" category filled out.

As a side note, I will be filling my "research" section with other research not related to this presentation.

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Only reason I thought it wouldn't be considered is because:
1. I did not perform any research
But you wouldn't be listing it as research. It's an accomplishment for the reasons you stated in your OP, so it's worth mentioning. If they are not impressed, they will give it little weight, but, I agree with you that it is impressive, and will never hurt you to mention, even if it doesn't help.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi All,

I am presenting/posting a pre-recorded presentation to a science festival held annually at my university and I wanted to make sure this is worthy of putting under the "presentations" category for the work and activities section.

This presentation is somewhat like a literature review (we did not perform any research and are not presenting our own results). My partner and I did extensive research on this topic for about a month, then presented it to the students, staff, and community members. I've reflected a lot on this experience and believe I could write a strong description for it. It taught me how to convey/share complex information into easy to understand topics for the general public, a skill that a practicing physician should have. If this does not count, I will not have a "posters/presentation" category filled out.

As a side note, I will be filling my "research" section with other research not related to this presentation.

Thank you!
You can literally put anything down on your AMCAS application, as long as you find it meaningful and relevant.