Worth sending an email to schools after getting published?

bunionberry

5+ Year Member
Aug 8, 2012
Status
Medical Student
I'm only applying in Texas, and just got a paper published with my lab. Would this be of any impact at this point in the application cycle? Is it only worth sending an email to the schools I've interviewed at? I want to give myself every chance of getting into one of the three schools I visited since pre-match was today and I heard nothing.

Any suggestions or advice?

nemo123

5+ Year Member
Jul 22, 2011
Status
Medical Student
I'm not familiar with the Texas schools, but it could make a difference depending on the schools you've interviewed at. Just make sure that your schools accept update letters post-interview (call or email them).

Jun 25, 2013
Status
Medical Student
I think it's an important update. It probably won't hurt you. Just be polite =)

eefen

7+ Year Member
May 31, 2012
Status
Resident [Any Field]
If the schools are receptive to them, it sounds like a good reason for an update letter to me.

darkjedi

how did this get here I am not good with computer
7+ Year Member
Oct 14, 2009
As others have mentioned, definitely double check to see if they accept update letters. If they do, then you should definitely feel free to update them with a publication. It may also be a good opportunity to reiterate your interest in the school if it is one of your top choices.

Nov 18, 2013
Status
Academic Administration
Absolutely. Any major changes to your application such as publication acceptance or new awards should be highlighted. A simple email to the Admissions office with the subject line: "Update to Application re: Name" should suffice. It should make it into your folder.