Worth sending an update at this point? On two waitlists

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UnlimitedTraction

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I've been waitlisted at two schools that I'd rather attend than my current top acceptance (dropped other acceptances before 4/30). I've sent these schools several updates already (including a LOintent to the one that is my top choice). I've updated them on some publications I've had since interviewing. So, my question is should I update them that an abstract I've submitted has been accepted for poster presentation at two regional conferences? I plan on attending both conferences. I feel like I've already inundated them with updates and my interest in attending and that it might just be annoying to them at this point. Basically, how many updates is too many? I feel as though the poster presentations are somewhat relevant for update. Any advice is sincerely appreciated! I would be super grateful to get accepted to either of these schools!

Members don't see this ad.

Is this abstract/presentation related to the publications? If so, it may be repetitive, and not do much to increase your chances of acceptance. Also, as of now, how many updates/letters have you sent each school?

Yeah, you’ve hit the nail on the head. I should’ve noted in the OP that the posters are based on the recently accepted publication. And I’ve sent 2 updates to the lesser desired school (2 pubs) and 3 to the more desired school (2 pubs + LOI). I should just let the waitlist work its magic at this point, right? Thanks for helping me think this through!

Members don't see this ad :)
Honestly at this point you've got nothing to lose. might as well just say "If I get in here I will definitely attend" to your top top.

Reactions: 1 users
Yeah, you’ve hit the nail on the head. I should’ve noted in the OP that the posters are based on the recently accepted publication. And I’ve sent 2 updates to the lesser desired school (2 pubs) and 3 to the more desired school (2 pubs + LOI). I should just let the waitlist work its magic at this point, right? Thanks for helping me think this through!

Yeah, I’d think updating again in this case would be more likely to annoy someone than help your application in any way. 2 updates is already a lot. Though most likely of all is that nobody will care either way.

Reactions: 1 user