Worth sending schools an update about this?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aznb0y129

Oh hamburgers!
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
As we are rapidly approaching the Jan. 21 deadline where schools are unlikely to give out further interview invites, I was wondering if this is a worthwhile thing to send to my 10 remaining schools in hopes of convincing them to interview me.

I'm going to start teaching my first MCAT prep class for Kaplan this week and figure this could this be a boost to my EC list. I know I have nothing to lose by sending schools an update email about this, but I was also just curious if anyone had updated schools with an activity like this and gotten a positive response? Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

As we are rapidly approaching the Jan. 21 deadline where schools are unlikely to give out further interview invites, I was wondering if this is a worthwhile thing to send to my 10 remaining schools in hopes of convincing them to interview me.

I'm going to start teaching my first MCAT prep class for Kaplan this week and figure this could this be a boost to my EC list. I know I have nothing to lose by sending schools an update email about this, but I was also just curious if anyone had updated schools with an activity like this and gotten a positive response? Thanks in advance!

From my experience, teaching MCAT prep classes is not something worthwhile emailing schools as an update. Its too generic and is very common.

Would it hurt to update them with that? No... So do it. Anything to get have your name keep coming up is a good thing. Every time I sent an update this cycle, I never got any negative feedback. Just make sure your schools are OK with getting updates (for example, Albany does not want any updates and will tell you so if you try to update them).

Updates are good regardless of triviality. Shows your interest, that you didn't stop with your life after your primary etc.

Besides, taking on a class is a big responsibility. Shows someone trusts you...