Worth to submit my last few secondaries at this point?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

1203xx

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
primary verified end of July, 35 secondaries submitted from beginning of August until now

However I still have these schools left. Is it worth submitting to these remaining schools at this point in time of the cycle? *while I still have a chance submitting to these schools right now?

Temple
Drexel
Georgetown
Loyola
Miami
USF Morsani
Rush
Medical College Wisconsin
Creighton
Western Michigan
U of Cinnicinati
U of Ohio
U of Iowa
U of Colorado

Asian/Indian/Female - CA resident
513 MCAT (lowest being 126 CARS), 3.7cGPA/3.6 sGPA
from a top 10 University

Clinical:
2000 hours ED scribe (paid)
500 hours ophthalmology medical assistant (paid)
200 hours STI/HIV free clinic (volunteer)
200 hours Hospital social services assistant (volunteer)
100 hours basic hospital front lobby (volunteer)

Nonclinical:
200 hours homeless shelter (volunteer)
100 hours interpreting for Indian communities (volunteer)
150 hours note-taking for disabled students

Research:
200 hours (1 year of immunology research) - not really too significant

ECs:
leadership in other few clubs on campus etc.

Shadowing: 30 hours split between multiple specialties - don't have too many hours here but I figured my paid clinical should make up for it!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Yes, it is worth submitting the secondaries to more schools. If you want to omit some you could remove Ohio State, Iowa and Colorado since they are state public schools that prefer their own residents.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, it is worth submitting the secondaries to more schools. If you want to omit some you could remove Ohio State, Iowa and Colorado since they are state public schools that prefer their own residents.

Thank you for your help Faha. My concern is that, is it "too late" to apply to some of these schools? Granted that some schools get up to 10k apps? What do you think? Still go for it?

Thank you for your help Faha. My concern is that, is it "too late" to apply to some of these schools? Granted that some schools get up to 10k apps? What do you think? Still go for it?

It's getting late.. and you already submitted a ton of apps. Still, from your list I could justify applying to Temple, drexel, miami, creighton, loyola. These schools get tons of apps so you're behind the eight ball but your stats are solid comparatively.

It is not too late to submit secondaries. The interview season goes until February or March.

primary verified end of July, 35 secondaries submitted from beginning of August until now

However I still have these schools left. Is it worth submitting to these remaining schools at this point in time of the cycle? *while I still have a chance submitting to these schools right now?

Temple
Drexel
Georgetown
Loyola
Miami
USF Morsani
Rush
Creighton
Western Michigan
U of Cinnicinati
U of Ohio
U of Iowa
U of Colorado

Asian/Indian/Female - CA resident
513 MCAT (lowest being 126 CARS), 3.7cGPA/3.6 sGPA
from a top 10 University

Clinical:
2000 hours ED scribe (paid)
500 hours ophthalmology medical assistant (paid)
200 hours STI/HIV free clinic (volunteer)
200 hours Hospital social services assistant (volunteer)
100 hours basic hospital front lobby (volunteer)

Nonclinical:
200 hours homeless shelter (volunteer)
100 hours interpreting for Indian communities (volunteer)
150 hours note-taking for disabled students

Research:
200 hours (1 year of immunology research) - not really too significant

ECs:
leadership in other few clubs on campus etc.

Shadowing: 30 hours split between multiple specialties - don't have too many hours here but I figured my paid clinical should make up for it!

@Catalystik [madam], can you take a look please? much appreciated
I feel you've applied to enough places, but if you would feel more secure applying further, prioritize:
Georgetown
Loyola
Rush
Creighton
Western Michigan

Consider:
U of Iowa-If you have a tie to the state or area. Takes ~30% from OOS.
U of Colorado-if you are of nontraditional age

I feel you've applied to enough places, but if you would feel more secure applying further, prioritize:
Georgetown
Loyola
Rush
Creighton
Western Michigan

Consider:
U of Iowa-If you have a tie to the state or area. Takes ~30% from OOS.
U of Colorado-if you are of nontraditional age

I don't have any ties to Iowa and I'm not nontraditional age (I'm 22). Should I avoid Iowa/Colorado?

I'm very willing to cast a huge wide net. I really want to get in this cycle and not have to reapply :(

1) I don't have any ties to Iowa and I'm not nontraditional age (I'm 22). Should I avoid Iowa/Colorado?

2) I'm very willing to cast a huge wide net. I really want to get in this cycle and not have to reapply :(
1) I don't think they would be a reasonable investment of your time or money.

2) If money is no object, you might consider applying to Ullinois (after making yourself fully aware of the hefty OOS price tag. They take many Californians without regard to state ties. You already have Oakland and Vermont?

1) I don't think they would be a reasonable investment of your time or money.

2) If money is no object, you might consider applying to Ullinois (after making yourself fully aware of the hefty OOS price tag. They take many Californians without regard to state ties. You already have Oakland and Vermont?

Yup! I have submitted UIllinois/Oakland/Vermont and every school similar in that range (35 schools) :)
Just curious, why do you not recommend Temple or Drexel at this time?

Last edited:
I am a midwesterner and haven't refreshed my understanding of their priorities lately.

Thank you doctor. I really appreciate your help. So end of September should be my FINAL HARD DEADLINE, right?

Last edited:
It's getting late.. and you already submitted a ton of apps. Still, from your list I could justify applying to Temple, drexel, miami, creighton, loyola. These schools get tons of apps so you're behind the eight ball but your stats are solid comparatively.

Do you mean that I'm at a big disadvantage for submitting these schools that you mentioned at this point in time?

Do you mean that I'm at a big disadvantage for submitting these schools that you mentioned at this point in time?

It's impossible to quantify but I wouldn't say "big" with your stats. If I were you I would definitely finish those secondaries despite it being 18 sept.

Have you not seen success with your list this far? You have good stats and ECs, certainly should get you in somewhere.

Have you not seen success with your list this far? You have good stats and ECs, certainly should get you in somewhere.

I submitted most of my secondaries in August, and no, I have not received any IIs yet.