Worthy EC?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

heeseop

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking about putting down my visit to South Korea (my home country) for the summer of 2004 on AMCAS EC section. I tutored English there and had an opportunity to travel to North Korea for a few days (which I could talk about during interviews).
This could explain what I did during the summer of 2004 (which would otherwise be completely vacant).
Do you think my travel is noteworthy?

Members don't see this ad.

heeseop said:
I'm thinking about putting down my visit to South Korea (my home country) for the summer of 2004. I tutored English there and had an opportunity to travel to North Korea for a few days (which I could talk about during interviews).
This could explain what I did during the summer of 2004 (which would otherwise be completely vacant).
Do you think my travel is noteworthy?

Yeah definitely. Just tie the tutoring into medically related in building your desire to play a mentor role. :)

And it's certainly unique... So they let you back out of North Korea when you went there? ;)

gapotts2003 said:
Yeah definitely. Just tie the tutoring into medically related in building your desire to play a mentor role. :)

And it's certainly unique... So they let you back out of North Korea when you went there? ;)

haha, the travel was very restrictive but north korean citizens seemed very nice in general.
thanks for the reply!