Carbon090

Coffee pls
7+ Year Member
Sep 20, 2010
Somewhere with coffee
Status
Medical Student
I just took a recent exam and got a C+ on it. I talked to my professor and he told me in order to get an A in the course I needed to get an A on the last speech, which I'll be working hard to make that happen.

But all I want to know is if I do get a B, would it look bad. I know you can get B's and still get into medical school, even C's, I just want to know if it looks bad for this particular class.

Anyway thanks!

Ursa

woof
5+ Year Member
Oct 19, 2010
Status
Medical Student
umm...really? its speech.

mmmcdowe

Duke of minimal vowels
Staff member
Administrator
Gold Donor
10+ Year Member
Sep 13, 2008
Status
Resident [Any Field]
According to the MSAR, anything less than an A- in speech is pretty damning. The reason my dean gave is because they really are driving at training physicians capable of communicating very well with patients and colleagues.

PreMedder

7+ Year Member
Aug 13, 2009
Status
Pre-Medical
? anything less than an A will pretty much end your chances at med school...

WorldChanger36

7+ Year Member
Sep 22, 2009
NY
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I got a B in speech relax.... (Ha, now that I think of it maybe if I relaxed in speech I would have another A on my transcript)

Morzh

SDN Lifetime Donor
Lifetime Donor
7+ Year Member
Sep 20, 2010
Status
Resident [Any Field]
if your lucky you might get into a DO school if you pull 4.0 from now on.. your best best is probably the carib though.

Nov 22, 2010
Status
Pre-Medical
I got an A+ in speech...

I just took a recent exam and got a C+ on it. I talked to my professor and he told me in order to get an A in the course I needed to get an A on the last speech, which I'll be working hard to make that happen.

But all I want to know is if I do get a B, would it look bad. I know you can get B's and still get into medical school, even C's, I just want to know if it looks bad for this particular class.

Anyway thanks!

Last edited:

getright

7+ Year Member
Feb 24, 2010
Status
Pre-Medical
Have you thought about becoming...

Sep 12, 2010
Fayetteville, AR
Status
Pre-Medical

Anyway thanks!
They're giving you ****, bro. It's speech. Calm down. :-D If it were a therapeutic communication course, I could see that being a minor issue. Public speaking, though? Just shoot for that B and relax.