Would a pre-doctoral fellowship in OPP be beneficial for applying to formerly-AOA ortho?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Thumpar

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
It adds a year to medical school, but you get to sharpen your OMM technique and there is a lot of MSK stuff involved. I think you could also use this time to crank out some research or something.

Do you think this be viewed favorably?

Members don't see this ad.

I don't think ortho programs would care about an OMM fellowship. Would be better to contact programs and see if you could do research with them for a year or something and get your foot in the door.

I don't think ortho programs would care about an OMM fellowship. Would be better to contact programs and see if you could do research with them for a year or something and get your foot in the door.

I second what Anatomy Gray said. I know of someone who did the OMM fellowship, and during the year did research with their home ortho program so it worked out good. But if you can't do ortho research with a ortho program don't bother with it unless you LOVE OMM

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
If you are talking about the OMM fellowship I assume you are...I know that most students who went through the OMM fellowship matched very well last year and the year prior. I am not sure if it has to do with the fellowship being in OMM specifically, but maybe the teaching experience and research that goes along with it will make you stand out among your peers.