Would any of you be willing to edit my Institutional Action description?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Troshies

Reaction score
I was caught stealing food from a dining hall in October 2018. Most of my friends were studying abroad that semester, so I was hanging out with a bad crowd. They bragged about taking from the dining halls without paying so I did the same and was caught. This was resolved by my school's Student Conduct office, and my sanction was to write an apology to the dining halls staff and an essay on my goals after college. I was put on University Probation for that semester, which didn't have any effect on my classes or anything of that sort. I have not received another IA from that date on. (This isn't what I'm submitting by the way. I'm just sharing some details of the incident)

I just finished writing my institutional action description. Would any of you be willing to read it over? I can send it over in a google doc.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hey did you already submit? Um I don't know if its wise to say you were hanging out with a bad crowd. Private message me and I can help

I was caught stealing food from a dining hall in October 2018. Most of my friends were studying abroad that semester, so I was hanging out with a bad crowd. They bragged about taking from the dining halls without paying so I did the same and was caught. This was resolved by my school's Student Conduct office, and my sanction was to write an apology to the dining halls staff and an essay on my goals after college. I was put on University Probation for that semester, which didn't have any effect on my classes or anything of that sort. I have not received another IA from that date on. (This isn't what I'm submitting by the way. I'm just sharing some details of the incident)

I just finished writing my institutional action description. Would any of you be willing to read it over? I can send it over in a google doc.

Thanks!
You could say something along the lines of you made new friends, made a mistake to impress them, and learned your lesson.

Reactions: 1 user
I don't think you need to mention why you did it ... there is no rational reason and it would seem like an explanation rather than owning it. Just say what the transgression was, that it was a mistake, the punishment, and that you haven't done/won't do it again. As concise as possible.