would anyone be willing to read and critique my PTCAS essay?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

easb

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
would anyone be willing to read and critique my PTCAS essay please?

Members don't see this ad.

are the prompts already out for next cycle?

Members don't see this ad :)
so are you asking to critique your future essay then?? Hopefully you didn't write an entire essay on last cycle's prompt...

so are you asking to critique your future essay then?? Hopefully you didn't write an entire essay on last cycle's prompt...

My thoughts too! But hey, maybe the prompt won't be SO different, and all you'll have to do is a bit of tweaking up! :luck: And even if this isn't the case, it doesn't hurt that you're starting to really think through PT-related experiences, etc., and getting them down on paper. :)

easb - feel free to PM me with your essay for feedback!

:). I am going to reapply this year, so I have the essay. I suppose that the topic will be the same or similar: why we are chosing PT career. ? Thanks everyone!

:). I am going to reapply this year, so I have the essay. I suppose that the topic will be the same or similar: why we are chosing PT career. ? Thanks everyone!

Don't reapplicants have to answer a different prompt? Like "what have you changed in the past year", etc.??

Yes, I believe so... I thought it was that plus whatever the main prompt is, but now that I think about it, that's a lot of work just for the essay portion. But how do schools know that you're reapplying - do they just take your word for it?

Don't reapplicants have to answer a different prompt? Like "what have you changed in the past year", etc.??

Yes, I believe so... I thought it was that plus whatever the main prompt is, but now that I think about it, that's a lot of work just for the essay portion. But how do schools know that you're reapplying - do they just take your word for it?

Yea I'm not sure how it works. Haha I think it would be in an applicant's best interest to say they are a reapplicant. It really shows perseverance and dedication. You can also explain what you've done to improve yourself.

It says on PTCAS that after the application period is over, schools CAN see where you applied and where you got accepted or rejected... I do not remember if they can see the names of the schools, but at least they can see the number of schools that accept or reject you.
Reaplicants have to submit both essay and answer the question what changed since your last application.

PTCAS sends out to all schools a list of people who applied to that school. This includes all PTCAS schools that the person also applied to, along with the school's decision.

During the application process, along with transcripts, grades, letters, etc. PTCAS also lets schools know if you have previously applied to PT school, or if you previously have been in PT school If you previously applied through PTCAS, I assume that they would know that you are a re-applicant. I assume that they ask you if you had previously applied in case you only applied through non-PTCAS schools.

So they are made aware of where else you are applying before any admissions decisions are made? =/

So they are made aware of where else you are applying before any admissions decisions are made? =/

They don't find out until the application cycle is over. Schools can't use this info for admission decisions, because they don't have access to it during the admissions process. They just use the info for statistical purposes once the cycle is over.

Here is the info for the 2012-13 cycle:

"Beginning in spring 2013 any designated PTCAS program that offers you admission will know how many offers of admission you have received from and accepted at other PTCAS institutions. Programs will not know how many applications you have submitted or any other admission decisions made by other PT programs at that time. A PT program that has placed an applicant on a wait-list will not have access to that applicant's admission status at other PTCAS institutions. Wait-listed applicants should contact the appropriate program directly for specific information on that program's wait-list policy.

After the completion of the 2012-13 admissions cycle in fall 2013, programs will be able to view the other programs designated by their applicants and the final admission decision reported by each competing institution in PTCAS."

http://www.ptcas.org/WhatHappensNext/

Sorry if I was not clear. Okramango is correct. We will not know where you applied to until after the admissions process is complete.

One thing PTCAS schools can find out now is if a person who has been offered a opening at their school has .also been offered or accepted an opening at a different PT school. We do not know the name(s) of the other school(s).

would anyone mind taking a quick look at my potential essay ? i based it on the prompt from last year since i've heard (unofficially) it will be the same for this year