Would anyone here choose Hopkins over UCSF - UPDATE!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

postbacchus

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those of you who were interested and offered me advice about choosing between these two great schools, I have an update. I have chosen UCSF.

For those who are curious, the things which helped me make my mind up were:

1. Talking to a friend of mine who got into Harvard and ended up going to UCSF instead. He helped me put things in perspective.

2. Realizing that it didn't matter whether I went to UCSF or Hopkins - I was still going to get an awesome residency.

3. The cities. SF is a much better city for me for lots of different reasons.

4. UCSF's curriculum and grading system. Hopkins is so old-school, and I know I'll do better at SF with an integrated curriculum.

5. Letting go of the Hopkins name. I realized that people in medicine know UCSF very well, and that people outside of medicine know Hopkins. I figured I could always say, "Well I got into Hopkins..."

Thanks to everyone who has helped with this decision, and I look forward to seeing my UCSF classmates in the fall!

PB

Members don't see this ad.

Congratulations on making a decision. It sounds like it is the right one for you. With those choices, I don't think you could have made a wrong choice.

I hope to be where you are (at a decision, not at UCSF :) ) within the next week. What a relief that will be.

hey postbacchus

congrats on your achievement and your decision!

i'm also making my decision between UCSF and hopkins ... i love SF, but hopkins is closer to home... i think i'm leaning towards hopkins, though. anyways, best of luck at ucsf!

take care,
swaroop

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey, are you the same Bacchus as on interviewfeedback? I was wondering if you/that other person? got in to UCSF, and then I stumbled upon this thread.

Congratulations either way.

paean

Yay postbacchus! :clap: Welcome aboard--glad to hear you'll be joining us next year.

Now, if only we could convince Swaroop. :wink:

First, CONGRATS postbacchus! Isn't it great to have the decision made?
Second, what's this, Swaroop? You "think" you're leaning towards Hopkins? What's with the wishy-washyness all of the sudden?? :wink: