Quantcast

Would appreciate thoughts and advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Chip N Sawbones

Ship's Carpenter
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the nontrad forum. What exactly do you want thoughts and advice on? How to get good grades? How to replace the headgasket in a 55hp Evinrude outboard motor? When is the optimum time to get in the Africa Mercy's lunch line? We can probably help if you give us a topic.

NTF

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I thought you were getting solid advice in your other thread.

1)Start taking ugrad science classes. Get as many (ie all) A's as possible to boost that GPA
2)Kill the MCAT (34+ given your GPA)
3)Build ECs (clinical volunteering, teaching/tutoring, research, shadowing, leadership)
4)Collect LORs (science profs, clinical supervisors, etc)

But #1 is the linchpin for you. You don't need a formal post-bac though some like the bells & whistles (ie committee letters, application advice, referrals to ECs). I did an informal post-bac to boost my GPA.

I'll just reiterate, steel and commit yourself to getting A's. With your prior transcript every academic misstep will delay your GPA reclamation project by years. Clear your plate of distractions and be judicious with your EC load and courseload. Take on as much as you can but only enough that allows you to get A's. I know this takes a bit of self-knowledge but it is important. I can't emphasize enough you want to the adcoms to see this stark dividing line between the old academic you and the new one. The best way to delineate that to them is for them to see a long string of A's at the end of your transcript.

Best of luck.

Ochemlover45

Reaction score
.How to get good grades? How to replace the headgasket in a 55hp Evinrude outboard motor? When is the optimum time to get in the Africa Mercy's lunch line? We can probably help if you give us a topic.
No.
Yes.
Yes.

Chip N Sawbones

Ship's Carpenter
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
No.
Yes.
Yes.

1. Okay then, you'll have to figure out how to get good grades on your own. Loving organic chemistry is a good start.

2. If the motor is almost impossible to start and barely runs after that, take the spark plugs out and lick them. Really. At least one should taste like gasoline. If one tastes like saltwater, you have a blown headgasket. Luckily two-stroke headgaskets are easy to fix. Take the head off, scrape the old gasket off without scratching anything, slap on a new gasket and put the head back on, tightening the bolts in sequence a quarter turn at a time.

3. The optimum time to line up for lunch on the Africa Mercy is 11:56. A minute earlier and the cooks will glare at you and tell you to get back to work because you're late for breakfast. A minute later and there will be fifty people in line. I hope things are the same in eleven years when I hopefully get to go back on the ship as an orthopod.

D

deleted480308

Consider DO and do grade replacement, gpa in the 2's needs to be fixed up. And hitting those prereqs should help your mcat