Would boxing n mma stuff count as manuel dexterity

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nydentist32

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
would these count ive been doing them for over 5 years now and im applying this year or should i just leave this out

Members don't see this ad.

would these count ive been doing them for over 5 years now and im applying this year or should i just leave this out

I would not put it under manual dexterity (Although you do have to have hand to eye coordination :D) but I would put it under extracurricular activities.

Members don't see this ad :)
yes mma/boxing is manual dexterity.
So is walking with 2 legs (gotta make sure you don't fall)
Washing hands with soap (so the slippery soap doesn't fly out of your hands)
How about using your TV remote control without looking? now thats dexterity

Yep, pretty much anything you do is manual dexterity.

yes mma/boxing is manual dexterity.
So is walking with 2 legs (gotta make sure you don't fall)
Washing hands with soap (so the slippery soap doesn't fly out of your hands)
How about using your TV remote control without looking? now thats dexterity

Yep, pretty much anything you do is manual dexterity.

...Doc_Toothache? is that you? haha.

This may be the funniest question I've ever read on here. Go look up what manual dexterity means... you'll find your answer.

It's a reason not to take a chance on you. What if you hurt your hands?

My very first interview the oral surgeon faculty member said "Ice hockey, hmmm...it's time to start protecting those hands..."

...awkward

It's a reason not to take a chance on you. What if you hurt your hands?

My very first interview the oral surgeon faculty member said "Ice hockey, hmmm...it's time to start protecting those hands..."

...awkward
LMAO.... what do you respond to that?

I told that man whatever it took to get accepted.

Jk, think I made an awkward laugh noise. The whole interview felt like what I imagine speed dating to be like and he moved on quickly.

Its not the same, I did MMA as well but did not put it in. You could put in that you have experience in primitive tooth extraction techniques though. :scared:

OP: I would leave it out. I dont do the whole MMA thing but until recently I have been involved with Thai boxing - I am stopping because of the wear and tear it is doing on my body. IMO something you should think about...

Another reason to not put it down is because you're doing gross movements with your body - not fine small fine movements like in dentistry.

yea im def not putting this on my application now. I thought maybe boxing would be good for hand-eye coordination but that's not what they're looking for lol

Tell them you can remove people's teeth by punching them out!

You all better be careful about your insensitivity and lack of empathy for the OP, otherwise sacapuntas will report you to the moderators. :scared:. "C'mon, guys, we're here to help people!"