would it be a mistake to choose st lukes roosevelt over indiana univ

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yahooo

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys,
i need ure precious advice again ranking my #4 and #5 programs. im very confused between the 2 and im not sure what i should do. i want to pursue a cardio fellowship after int med. i feel the uni is a better program since it is univ based, ranked high and has a strong cardio dept with a good fellowship placement record. the community prog in nyc is a strong community program with a placement record almost as good as the uni for fellowships in cardiology. my gut feeling is pushing me SLIGHTLY towards the community, even though it is not as highly ranked as the uni. i appreciate ure help with this and look forward to your thoughts. take care and good luck.

yahooo

Members don't see this ad.

not a mistake.. go with your gut, b/c being in a less preferred location and a setting that may not fit you as well is going to make for a long and potentially miserable three years. I plan on ranking UMass over Yale's IM/Primary Care program after seeing how happy and nice the residents there were, how close it was to Boston, and just had a good gut feeling. In spite of the presumed difference in prestige, I don't believe that I'll regret this decision for a minute if I end up at UMass, though I do like Yale's program as well. Like one program director said, most people are ultimately going to choose based on gut feeling and geography in the end. good luck!!