Would it be possible for a school (NUMS) to take ZERO people off the waitlist?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

moo

1K Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
This sucks. I called Northwestern again and they haven't taken anyone off the waitlist yet. Could this be possible? Could they have taken more than they can accommodate initially? Has ANYONE on the w-l heard anything?

Members don't see this ad.

Seems highly unlikely, moo. What is their history of taking people off the waitlist?

Maybe they are waiting for orientation to start?

One school placed me on the alternate list and said that they won't go into the list until orientation (I guess that's when they really know who is attending and who isn't). I think that plan sucks but then again what do I know.

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by SMW
Seems highly unlikely, moo. What is their history of taking people off the waitlist?

Last year they took 30 off the waitlist. This year, none so far.

This sucks cuz MCW starts Aug 12 and NUMS starts Aug 26. If they don't take anyone till the last two weeks, I can probably pretty much kiss NUMS goodbye.

Can you call them and explain your problem. Didn't Foxy have some luck with this approach?

Yeah I tried but they didn't seem to care. I might drop by the admissions office later on to ask to speak to the dean or something since I'll be in Milwaukee in a week and Chicago's an hour away. But if they REALLy can't take anyone then there's nothing I can do...