SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Would it be tacky???

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by kc2doc, Jan 23, 2001.

  1. kc2doc

    kc2doc Junior Member 10+ Year Member

    Oct 27, 2000
    I was interviewed at my state school in mid December and it went great However, I was told it takes quite a while to hear from them. It is my first choice school and I really want to go there. In the meantime I was accepted to another school, which is great, but they want $750 by March 15 to hold my place (after $250 I've already sent). Would it be tacky to call my first choice school to get an update on my status and explain to them the acceptance to the other school to hopefully get an answer or at least a time frame for an answer? Your responses are appreciated.
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Djanaba

    Djanaba Senior Member 10+ Year Member

    May 4, 2000
    Minneapolis, MN
    I think it would be fine, especially if you emphasize your desire to go to the school you're calling. The person who answers the phone is almost certainly not on the adcom that is making your decision. At the same time, I'd advise you not to burn any bridges: if the phone call yields nothing new, put down the deposit. It may seem like a lot, but compared to the cost of your next four years, it's a drop in the bucket. Good luck, and congrats!

Share This Page