1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Would it be wise to do this?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by drmonti, Jan 7, 2009.

1. drmonti

7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I just interviewed at my top choice school this past monday. I don't think the interview went particularly well) so I am freaking out because this is exactly where I want to be for the next four years. Would it be wise to send them a letter of intent telling them that if accepted I would DEFINITELY go there, even though I already interviewed? I have spent a lot of time at the school over the summer and for various other reasons so I have a valid reason that I'd like to go there. I'm just wondering though if LOI's only work if you have not been granted an interview yet? Any thoughts? Thanks!

#1 drmonti, Jan 7, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2012
  2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. SouthernSurgeon

Physician Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    1) There is no clear evidence that LOIs do in fact "work"

2) This is the appropriate time for such a letter, IMO - sending one before even interviewing is premature since you haven't even seen the school yet at that time. If you know Cincy is where you want to go, I say send it ASAP