Would it be wise to do this?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drmonti

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just interviewed at my top choice school this past monday. I don't think the interview went particularly well) so I am freaking out because this is exactly where I want to be for the next four years. Would it be wise to send them a letter of intent telling them that if accepted I would DEFINITELY go there, even though I already interviewed? I have spent a lot of time at the school over the summer and for various other reasons so I have a valid reason that I'd like to go there. I'm just wondering though if LOI's only work if you have not been granted an interview yet? Any thoughts? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I'm just wondering though if LOI's only work if you have not been granted an interview yet?

1) There is no clear evidence that LOIs do in fact "work"

2) This is the appropriate time for such a letter, IMO - sending one before even interviewing is premature since you haven't even seen the school yet at that time. If you know Cincy is where you want to go, I say send it ASAP