Flashfan

7+ Year Member
May 22, 2010
Midwest
Status
Medical Student
I met a family practice physician tonight that is happy to have me shadow him on breaks and over the holidays in my area. I have radiology, pathology, urology and anesthesiology, but no family practice. He is a Saba grad. Would it matter? I could possibly get an MD family practice but they are affiliated with a hospital that requires so many hoops just to shadow.
Feeling like a neurotic pre-med, but I am concerned about how adcoms would feel.

gyngyn

Staff member
Administrator
Lifetime Donor
7+ Year Member
Nov 4, 2011
Status
Attending Physician
I met a family practice physician tonight that is happy to have me shadow him on breaks and over the holidays in my area. I have radiology, pathology, urology and anesthesiology, but no family practice. He is a Saba grad. Would it matter? I could possibly get an MD family practice but they are affiliated with a hospital that requires so many hoops just to shadow.
Feeling like a neurotic pre-med, but I am concerned about how adcoms would feel.
We won't know where he went to school.

OP
Flashfan

Flashfan

7+ Year Member
May 22, 2010
Midwest
Status
Medical Student
Thank you. I spent three weeks in limbo waiting to get approval t o shadow at one hospital, so I am glad it won't hurt me. He seems like a great guy and was willing to help me out.

Gauss44

5+ Year Member
Oct 28, 2012
Status
Pre-Medical
No, and if the right ADCOM found out it, might reflect well on you in a non-classist way.