Would it hurt if I shadow a Caribbean grad?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Flashfan

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I met a family practice physician tonight that is happy to have me shadow him on breaks and over the holidays in my area. I have radiology, pathology, urology and anesthesiology, but no family practice. He is a Saba grad. Would it matter? I could possibly get an MD family practice but they are affiliated with a hospital that requires so many hoops just to shadow.
Feeling like a neurotic pre-med, but I am concerned about how adcoms would feel.

Members don't see this ad.

I met a family practice physician tonight that is happy to have me shadow him on breaks and over the holidays in my area. I have radiology, pathology, urology and anesthesiology, but no family practice. He is a Saba grad. Would it matter? I could possibly get an MD family practice but they are affiliated with a hospital that requires so many hoops just to shadow.
Feeling like a neurotic pre-med, but I am concerned about how adcoms would feel.
We won't know where he went to school.

Reactions: 5 users
Thank you. I spent three weeks in limbo waiting to get approval t o shadow at one hospital, so I am glad it won't hurt me. He seems like a great guy and was willing to help me out.

Members don't see this ad :)
I shadowed an awesome Carib educated MD who gave me my LOR. None of the schools know or care. Many of the best attendings you'll ever meet were trained overseas.

Reactions: 1 users
No, and if the right ADCOM found out it, might reflect well on you in a non-classist way.