Would it look bad if I enroll in only 11 units?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Postictal Raiden

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is my last semester in undergrad. I have signed up for 4 courses, 2 GE's and 2 Bio upper divisions. I don't need the two GE's, however. I am considering dropping one of them.

Right now, I have 14 units. Would it look bad to AdCom if I drop a class and end up having only 11 units? My main rationale for doing so is money. I don't want to spend an extra 200 on books for a class I don't need.

Members don't see this ad.

This is my last semester in undergrad. I have signed up for 4 courses, 2 GE's and 2 Bio upper divisions. I don't need the two GE's, however. I am considering dropping one of them.

Right now, I have 14 units. Would it look bad to AdCom if I drop a class and end up having only 11 units? My main rationale for doing so is money. I don't want to spend an extra 200 on books for a class I don't need.

You're fine. Drop it and do something else you want to do.

Nope, it's just one semester. We WILL expect you to ace the courses with such a light load, though, so the onus is on you to do well.

Members don't see this ad :)
My last semester was 1 lab class. 4 credits. You're fine

It doesn't look bad at all. Do it.