Medical Would it look suspicious if I don't choose research as an MME, even though I have a letter from my PI?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goro

Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a decent amount of research experience. I've been in 3 labs. In the first, I coded for a PhD candidate for her thesis. In the second, I worked for the study every step of the way (recruitment/protocol to final data collection/coding). That study was also for two PhD candidates so once it ended, I moved on. The third is my long term experience (2+ years) at a lab. My PI at this lab wrote me a letter for my app this year, and while I appreciate the opportunity, it isn't as personally meaningful as my other service-oriented activities. Would it look weird to have no research MMEs even though I have a lot of experience and a letter?
Only if you're gunning for a PhD program.

Actually, having a research thing as your MM would strike me as you being a lab rat; meaning someone who prefers being in the lab instead of dealing with patients.

Members don't see this ad.

Nope, put what is most meaningful to you. What you put there will likely direct where your interviews go, so if you'd rather spend your interview time talking about serving people then put that as your MME.

Status
Not open for further replies.