Would like a dental-related job this summer...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

purduephigam

SuPurdueper Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'd like to think of myself as a plan-ahead type of person. With that in mind, regardless if I am accepted this year, I will need some sort of job this summer. If I am accepted, I will just lifeguard and teach swim lessons or something.

BUT, if I'm not, it would be most beneficial if I could use my degree in some sort of way. I am in the Chicago-land area and am looking to be some sort of "on-site-trained" assistant, or something. I'd even be a receptionist at a practice as demoralizing as that is for me. Has anyone had luck with careerbuilder.com, or monster.com? As far as I know, it's really who you know in the dental field around you because I have tried very hard to get a job in a private practice, but there aren't many clinicians out there willing to babysit a newb like me. Just wondering if any of you had any advice. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Tell me about it!! I graduate this December and have scoured monster.com as well as local newspaper websites for job openings, and sent my resume and cover letter to many, many offices. I haven't heard a thing after three weeks of applying. I don't know if I'm over-qualified for a receptionist position or if by mentioning that I'm attending dental school in the Fall is sending up red flags...