MCAT: 497
GPA: 3.87
800+ hours of undergraduate research
Summer research at MIT
500 hours of shadowing/volunteering
BS in biochemistry, BS in psychology
Have plenty of charity work
White from NM

Am also in Army ROTC, but definitely trying to get into a civilian medical school. I a strong application, other than my terrible performance on the MCAT.

I either attend medical school this cycle, or spend 4 years as an LT. I am going to try my hardest to attend med school now, so I have no regrets if I'm unsuccessful.

Would love recommendations for schools that

Faha

7+ Year Member
Sep 15, 2012
Status
Attending Physician
For MD schools your only realistic chance is U New Mexico. You are competitive for some DO schools including all these:
ACOM
ARCOM
BCOM
WCU-COM
LMU-DCOM
UP-KYCOM
WVSOM
LUCOM
VCOM (all 3 schools)
NYIT-Arkansas
RVU-Utah
UIWSOM
Idaho (new school)
Apply this month and submit all your secondaries as soon as possible.

workaholic181

2+ Year Member
May 29, 2017
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
Currently applying to M.D. programs.

MCAT: 497
GPA: 3.87
800+ hours of undergraduate research
Summer research at MIT
500 hours of shadowing/volunteering
BS in biochemistry, BS in psychology
Have plenty of charity work
White from NM

Am also in Army ROTC, but definitely trying to get into a civilian medical school. I a strong application, other than my terrible performance on the MCAT.

I either attend medical school this cycle, or spend 4 years as an LT. I am going to try my hardest to attend med school now, so I have no regrets if I'm unsuccessful.

Would love recommendations for schools that
Your MCAT is going to sink you for MD. You maybe have a shot at IS public MD but even that is a long shot. You're competitive for newer DO schools, like Faha listed.

See how the cycle plays out I guess.. but if you're ok with being an operational officer now, I would do your 4 years, retake the MCAT sometime in the last year of your service, than apply. Being a vet and an improve MCAT will open ALL doors for you.

Reactions: Goro and candbgirl
About the Ads