Would like some basic feedback, please and thank you

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Orthonaut96

Reaction score
Hi all,

I did my undergrad in Biomedical Engineering and got a 3.51 GPA (overall GPA and science GPA are both 3.51).

I did an SMP, got a 3.80 GPA there (once again both overall and science were 3.80).

I got a 516 on my MCAT.

I have 4 research lab experiences with poster presentations in an academic conference for 3 of them.
With these 4 lab experiences I have over 2000 lab hours experience and got 1 first-author publication.

I have 1000 Clinical hours (Paid Clinical Research as an Biomedical Engineer, Volunteered with Patients by singing in patient rooms, and also did a lot of Shadowing)

I also have 1500 Volunteer hours with tutoring underprivileged kids, teaching courses in SAT/ACT for high schoolers interested in STEM careers and as mentioned previously, I used to sing, play my trumpet and hangout with patients in the inpatient wards.

I was a career changer and wanted to go to med school at the end of undergrad and did my SMP after. With my research, clinical and volunteering experience and SMP/BME degrees I just want to know what kind of MD schools to apply to. I am just concerned that my undergraduate GPA is low. I am applying next year and don't know how I'll fare with my uGPA. Will I have any mercy since I studied biomedical engineering? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

New Jersey
I suggest these schools with your stats:
Your 3 NJ state public schools
Seton Hall
Carle Illinois
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
Pittsburgh
Albany
New York Medical College