Would like some personal opinions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gdm42

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So as the title says, I am just looking for personal input. I am a Texas resident and was wondering if anyone could hit me with personal experience or a good opinion.

I am currently a junior at a 4 year university,

have a 3.3 oGPA, 3.5 sGPA (science and BCP are about the same) and an upward trend.
My EC's are pretty average with shadowing/ community service/ organizations
I plan on taking the DAT either late May or mid June depending on when I think I'm ready.

I would love to attend one of the 3 instate schools, however I am also aware that with my statistics, I don't really have control. What would be a a good DAT score to make me more competitive? Also, how many schools should I apply to, or should I enter a post-bac program? (I still have a year to bring my oGPA up to a mid 3.4 and sGPA to around a 3.7).

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
So as the title says, I am just looking for personal input. I am a Texas resident and was wondering if anyone could hit me with personal experience or a good opinion.

I am currently a junior at a 4 year university,

have a 3.3 oGPA, 3.5 sGPA (science and BCP are about the same) and an upward trend.
My EC's are pretty average with shadowing/ community service/ organizations
I plan on taking the DAT either late May or mid June depending on when I think I'm ready.

I would love to attend one of the 3 instate schools, however I am also aware that with my statistics, I don't really have control. What would be a a good DAT score to make me more competitive? Also, how many schools should I apply to, or should I enter a post-bac program? (I still have a year to bring my oGPA up to a mid 3.4 and sGPA to around a 3.7).

19+ DAT you'll probably get in, 20+ looking competitive, 22 very competitive, 24+ amazing.

Apply to 10-15 schools.

I say apply to like 5-7 private / OOS friendly schools outside of the Texas system to be safe. Those stats are not bad at all.