Would love anesthesia residency at a specific program, but i've done 2 anesthesia rotations already

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

theAT

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Would it be a good idea to do a cardiology or pulmonology rotation at the specific program instead? Cardio/pulm is relevant to anesthesia and I feel I could learn alot from them at this point.

Thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

Personally don't think that's useful as you'll get no facetime with the anesthesia dept. Clearly you have time to do the rotation in your schedule, so just do it in what you want to go into. Personally I think it's irrelevant that you've done two other anesthesia rotations.

Reactions: 1 user
When does your day start with those other rotations? When I was a student, I tried to set up an away in anesthesiology or anything related, but was told by the student coordinator for that hospital that they were all full (turned out to be a lie). So, I did a month of ID and went to anesthesia morning report every day before heading to IM morning report and then starting my regular work day. I made time to interview the residency and TY program while I was there, and all was well.

Sent from my SM-G930V using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user