Would medical school s find out if....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Optimistic

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
....I register for MCAT and then decide not to take it? and if they do ,how will school at that during the application process. I mean do they care???
Actually Iam just debating about whether I should take it in april or not and deadline to register is getting closer.

Members don't see this ad.

If you registered for the mcat and never showed up (or decided to get your refund), medical schools will not count that as taking the mcat since you never took it. Actually, medical schools will never know about you registering the MCAT and not show up for it (this is because AAMC will not report it to them). If you decide to take it on that day and feel that you did not do well, you can void the test, which basically means that they will not be grading it. This will also not count as taking the mcat and will not be registered with medical school as such. But as soon as you turn in all of those scan trons, your answers will be graded and it will count as you taking the mcat.