Would schools rescind their offer with a C or 2 in your final year?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dental2000

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Would D-schools rescind their dental school acceptance to a student if he got a C or 2 C's in his last semester in school???

Members don't see this ad.

Would D-schools rescind their dental school acceptance to a student if he got a C or 2 C's in his last semester in school???

probably depends if they are the necessary prereqs or just some filler classes.

lol no. you just need to pass your course work and graduate. but they may think you are a lazy bum. LOL

Members don't see this ad :)
lol no. you just need to pass your course work and graduate. but they may think you are a lazy bum. LOL

watch out man some schools like Stony want B's in every course, not only as a science GPA. I say if you can pull off B or higher you should be save. C is cutting it close.

watch out man some schools like Stony want B's in every course, not only as a science GPA. I say if you can pull off B or higher you should be save. C is cutting it close.

What about this semester, before you got an acceptance offer?

No way. 2 C's in your last YEAR is no problem unless the school has some kind of crazy requirement...If you get busted with drugs they might change their mind though.

What about this semester, before you got an acceptance offer?

call the school and make sure its ok. like I said I only know about Stony Brook and what they told me.

Just dont get any C's:laugh:
Really if you got an acceptance im guessing your transcript is pretty void of them anyway so why start a bad habit?

You won't get an acceptance rescinded if you get a C. I never asked Stony about their policies on Cs, but I know for a fact that most schools will not rescind acceptances. I know several people in dschool now who like got below 3.0s after they were accepted. Just pass everything and you'll be fine.

Half the time schools don't even ask for your updated transcript....they just need to make sure you graduated.

You won't get an acceptance rescinded if you get a C. I never asked Stony about their policies on Cs, but I know for a fact that most schools will not rescind acceptances. I know several people in dschool now who like got below 3.0s after they were accepted. Just pass everything and you'll be fine.

Half the time schools don't even ask for your updated transcript....they just need to make sure you graduated.

if you fail a class you might. bing12 often states how temple said if you fail a class (before acceptance) they might rescind their offer.

best to get a B or above to be safe.

if you fail a class you might. bing12 often states how temple said if you fail a class (before acceptance) they might rescind their offer.

best to get a B or above to be safe.

yea, definitely don't fail! :) definitely aim for a B or higher, but what i'm saying is i'm pretty sure one C won't kill you. I think schools know when you're so busy interviewing that grades may slip

yea, definitely don't fail! :) definitely aim for a B or higher, but what i'm saying is i'm pretty sure one C won't kill you. I think schools know when you're so busy interviewing that grades may slip

right except stony brook which says they want a B per every course (not just as a GPA) at least thats what they said over the phone.

I have two prereqs left for next semester (chem 2 and micro). Does anyone know the policy on going all community college for final prereqes? I already have my BS.

Im going to contact the school hopefully after a dec 1st acceptance, but would like to have an idea now.

I have two prereqs left for next semester (chem 2 and micro). Does anyone know the policy on going all community college for final prereqes? I already have my BS.

Im going to contact the school hopefully after a dec 1st acceptance, but would like to have an idea now.

most schools have a limit on CC credits and tufts will not accept any CC credits, so be careful with that.