would taking more classes help?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

semper

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just graduated with a B.S. from a 4-year university with a not so stellar gpa. i messed up my first 2 years but finished off my last two with an amazing upward gpa trend. i already sent in my primary app and am waiting to get it verified, also i already sent in my GW secondary.

now, my question is, would taking more undergrad science classes at a cc help anything? i have an awesome job where i do cognitive testing and research, but it is only part time so i would have enough time to study. and i'm one of those people who need to keep busy.

any thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

Only if you are interested in the subject matter and want to advance your knowledge. Don't retake anything though--taking classes upward is much more beneficial.

Well you've got an upward trend, so that's one big thing you've got going for you. After four years of college and all the credits you've racked up, it's going to be hard to shift your GPA just by adding in a few more A's.

How's your MCAT score? Have you considered a postbac program? Oftentimes a postbac (or SMP) is great for folks with mediocre GPAs and good MCAT scores looking to show med schools that they can succeed in challenging courses. You might want to check some out if things don't go well this cycle.