Quantcast

Would this be a compelling geographic tie to a region?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

brockhamptonfanacct

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
My opinion: no. I'd state your interest in attending a school in the area and do your research on the curriculum and student support.

I appreciate your response, thank you. I have quite a few school-specific reasons I want to attend each school, so I'll emphasize those!

djiboutiman

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I appreciate your response, thank you. I have quite a few school-specific reasons I want to attend each school, so I'll emphasize those!

I’d do just that! Emphasize other reasons for wanting to attend, but I’d at least mention that your SO attends that school. I’m not an ADCOM like the other poster, but I think that’s a valid reason for wanting to attend said school.

brockhamptonfanacct

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I’d do just that! Emphasize other reasons for wanting to attend, but I’d at least mention that your SO attends that school. I’m not an ADCOM like the other poster, but I think that’s a valid reason for wanting to attend said school.

Thank you!

gonnif

Rule One: Take a Breath
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've heard conflicting opinions, since we are boyfriend and girlfriend and not engaged/married. In my eyes, of course, he and his family are as dear to me as my own, but I thought it might not look particularly compelling to adcoms.
You are just BF/GF and it isnt very compelling to most adcoms
I would agree. If you dont make the argument or at least mention it in a secondary, no one will know. While its not compelling, it not going to hurt you to mention it. But as @Mr.Smile12 said it should not be the gist of your reasons to attend but in addition to those reasons

Reactions: 1 user

brockhamptonfanacct

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
You are just BF/GF and it isnt very compelling to most adcoms

I would agree. If you dont make the argument or at least mention it in a secondary, no one will know. While its not compelling, it not going to hurt you to mention it. But as @Mr.Smile12 said it should not be the gist of your reasons to attend but in addition to those reasons

I will keep this in mind and research with due diligence. Thank you!