Would this class be relevant for MCAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

amar314

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have the option of taking this course, but taking it would mean I'd have to take an extra class in the summer. It's Bacterial and viral pathogens, would it be helpful for the MCAT or should I just leave it off for senior yr?

Thanks!!

Members don't see this ad.

It won't hurt because bacteria and viruses are tested on the MCAT. However, the amount of knowledge you need about the topic is very basic and you can easily learn it without taking an actual course. The test covers a vast amount of content and bacteria/viruses is only small portion of that. If you are only taking the class for the MCAT I don't think it's necessary. Some other classes apart from the usual courses (Biology, Chemistry, OChem, Physics) that would help more are physiology, biochemistry, and genetics.

Reactions: 1 user
It won't hurt because bacteria and viruses are tested on the MCAT. However, the amount of knowledge you need about the topic is very basic and you can easily learn it without taking an actual course. The test covers a vast amount of content and bacteria/viruses is only small portion of that. If you are only taking the class for the MCAT I don't think it's necessary. Some other classes apart from the usual courses (Biology, Chemistry, OChem, Physics) that would help more are physiology, biochemistry, and genetics.

Great to know, thanks for your help! :)