would this work?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mdnm

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
boring white guy, straight out of ugrad, english major, 3.9 gpa. say 3.6+ in prereqs but did the bare minimum (no biochem, etc). a little hospital volunteering, some research, no pubs. no other ec's. with a 28+ mcat score, could i get into a decent medschool. say any of the suny schools, new york medical college, albert einstein, mt sinai etc.

is doing the minimum with good grades/scores enough?
it seems like everyone else has done so much.

Members don't see this ad.

mdnm said:
boring white guy, straight out of ugrad, english major, 3.9 gpa. say 3.6+ in prereqs but did the bare minimum (no biochem, etc). a little hospital volunteering, some research, no pubs. no other ec's. with a 28+ mcat score, could i get into a decent medschool. say any of the suny schools, new york medical college, albert einstein, mt sinai etc.

is doing the minimum with good grades/scores enough?
it seems like everyone else has done so much.

I'd say yes, but it's all about selling what you've done in such a way that it doesn't seem "boring" on your application! You definitely don't need publications to get into med school. If you can speak intelligently and passionately about your studies and clinical experiences and how they've shaped your perspective, I think you should have a good shot.