would u do this?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

temmie

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
guys, I am graduating this june and will be starting med school this fall. Right before med school, i will be doing research at a pharmaceutical company for 6-8 weeks and get paid 4000 bucks plus housing.
Thought i should try and make money before med school. Am i crazy? Is this a smart move?

Members don't see this ad.

temmie said:
guys, I am graduating this june and will be starting med school this fall. Right before med school, i will be doing research at a pharmaceutical company for 6-8 weeks and get paid 4000 bucks plus housing.
Thought i should try and make money before med school. Am i crazy? Is this a smart move?

I would not do it. $4000 is nothing in the long run. You should take that time off...unless you are are a workaholic or something.

temmie said:

$4K for about 8 weeks? Hmm...that is 500/week, or 100/day, or about $12/hour.

That isn't a lot. I dunno if you are crazy, but that isn't a lot of money and I think aragonana is right - take some time to chill. I'm taking about 1.5 months off before I start.

Members don't see this ad :)
If the choice is between a cross-country backpacking trip and working, then take the trip. If the choice is between sitting on your ass and doing something you find interesting...well, I find doing nothing boring.

thegenius said:
$4K for about 8 weeks? Hmm...that is 500/week, or 100/day, or about $12/hour.

That isn't a lot.
It is plus housing.... I don't know where s/he is going to work but that could be up to another $1000/month depending on the market.
I would only do the job if the alternative is get arrested during a raid on a Moroccan hash den. Incidentally, that's also where I expect Mota to be arrested, so the two of you can hang out if you go that route and take that trip to Morocco.

thank guys for ur input i guess i was crazy

temmie said:
thank guys for ur input i guess i was crazy

I don't think you're crazy. I'm trying to find any job that will provide me with housing and money; I've considered taking summer camp jobs that pay 150$ a week... I think you should do the job unless you have other plans... (of course this is coming from a person who will be living on the street if they can't find a good summer job...)