Would you advice transfering in my semior year?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Spiderman [RNA Ladder 2003]

Platinum Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I started hating my school during junior year and I want to transfer somewhere else. I know that I will loose credits and so on. How suspecious is it going to look like for med school?

Members don't see this ad.

Just a year, stick with your old school =P Trust me, you don't want to transfer, I had a hard time and I transferred after my freshmen year!!! After all, I doubt you'll notice since you'll be too busy applying/attending interviews anyways :wink: Its so unadvisable that I know many universities don't even accept transfers past junior year. Mainly because in some majors, you literally are set back to Sophomore (as is the case in my school for comp sci majors).

•••quote:•••Originally posted by Spiderman [RNA Ladder 2003]:
•I started hating my school during junior year and I want to transfer somewhere else. I know that I will loose credits and so on. How suspecious is it going to look like for med school?•••••I had a friend who during his sophomore year transferred from UCSD to UCLA thinking he would have more fun and more time to watch Bruin and Lakers games....

end result, he came to our school and was so miserable that he had to repeat some classes, and his 4.0 GPA from UCSD got pummeled to 3.2 GPA....

he was never the same person after that...just went into a downward spiral.......

I don't think many schools that you would apply to would look favorably upon you if you are already a junior (correct me if I'm wrong anyone). Don't a lot of schools require that you spend that last x hours at their school?