Would you apply to more if you were me? (I am not seeking attention, but help)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dent010

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am applying to these for specific reasons and feel i wasted them:
Harvard (out of the question due to DAY)
Louisiana (only 5 seats for OOS so very unlikely)
Midwestern (i will no longer be able to fit microbiology pre-req into myschedule)

These i applied to but feel i fall below average acceptance stats:
UCLA
UCSF
UOP
Penn
Oregon

These are the only schools i feel fit me most appropriately:
Nova
NYU
UNC
Tufts
Western
USC
Aruzona School of Dentistry

The schools i was considering adding to my application were Temple, Pittsburgh, Louisville, Boston, and Nevada. I really want to get into a school this year. Do you think my selection is already feasible or should i include the schools mentioned above? Also if i did include these schools, would that be way too many? I really would appreciate the help and hope to hear back from some of the veterans. Thank you again.

Members don't see this ad.

"Harvard (out of the question due to DAY)"
I'm sorry, but what exactly do you mean?

I think he meant DAT. Also, if you are a strong applicant, sometimes they will admit you anyways even if you're missing a pre-req class like microbiology or they will say you need to take it before you begin school so I wouldnt rule out a school because of that. I would add some private schools on your list.

Members don't see this ad :)
Btw...does Harvard have a minimum DAT requirement?
B/c Dent010 seems to have a decent score of 19 but seems so worried about it..

His DAT isn't high enough for Harvard (according to predents.com). His GPA is killer, though. So I think the OP will definitiely get in somewhere.

Midwestern is one of my top choices that I am applpying to and I had a similar problem with microbiology. I called them and they said that they are very strict to their pre-requisite courses. I was totatally bumbed because now I am taking a full course load that includes micro and its lab. I don't know if this helps

Just wondering why Midwestern?

Midwestern is one of my top choices that I am applpying to and I had a similar problem with microbiology. I called them and they said that they are very strict to their pre-requisite courses. I was totatally bumbed because now I am taking a full course load that includes micro and its lab. I don't know if this helps

His DAT isn't high enough for Harvard (according to predents.com). His GPA is killer, though. So I think the OP will definitiely get in somewhere.

DAT average for Harvard is 20-21 for 2008 cycle. Predents have older scores posted. They seem to stress more on GPA, majors and some sort of experience that can make an applicant stand out of the herd, given DAT is decent. His AA and TS are fine. Probably Bio score might hurt a bit for schools like Harvard, UConn, Columbia as they have heavy science curriculum.

DAT average for Harvard is 20-21 for 2008 cycle. Predents have older scores posted. They seem to stress more on GPA, majors and some sort of experience that can make an applicant stand out of the herd, given DAT is decent. His AA and TS are fine. Probably Bio score might hurt a bit for schools like Harvard, UConn, Columbia as they have heavy science curriculum.

The 2009 cycle states PAT avg is 21 and DAT is 24.4 for Harvard. Do you mean the official averages (on their website, etc)?