would you consider this a non-school related challenge

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wood41

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
so for the essays that you have to write about non-school related challenges that you have overcome and describe the coping mechs you took - can i say moving into my dorm for the first time and dealing with homesickness or would that be school-related?

Members don't see this ad.

Try to think of something else to write (more compelling).

I think ADCOMs might laugh if they read about your homesickness. Imagine how it might compare with, say, watching a friend being eaten alive by a white shark during a morning swim.

I think ADCOMs might laugh if they read about your homesickness. Imagine how it might compare with, say, watching a friend being eaten alive by a white shark during a morning swim.
As sad/hard as that would be, that would be an AWESOME essay.

(huge Shark Week fan here)

Members don't see this ad :)

:laugh: Nice......

so for the essays that you have to write about non-school related challenges that you have overcome and describe the coping mechs you took - can i say moving into my dorm for the first time and dealing with homesickness or would that be school-related?
What you plan to write is a little too school related. I would also reccommed that you find something else.

that happened to me once but i actually beat up the shark and saved my friend's life all while nursing an sprained ankle from competing in the 2004 summer olympics.