Would you consider yourself conservative or liberal?

Are you conservative or liberal?

• Total voters
Jun 26, 2009
San Francisco, CA
Status
Pre-Medical
I'm curious to know what the average pre-med composition is.

I guess I'm more liberal than conservative. On social issues, I'm just blindly liberal, but on economic issues I'm more conservative on the production side (aka against affirmative action, huge business-impeding regulations) and liberal on the distribution side (for higher taxes on the wealthy)

Where do you stand?

BlueElmo

10+ Year Member
Sep 7, 2006
Status
Medical Student
I would say I'm moderate. You should make a poll.

Qcumber4life

10+ Year Member
Jan 12, 2009
Status
Pre-Dental
if you consider yourself a republican you are BOTH heartless and can't think past next week

Uisa

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 1, 2009
Status
Medical Student
Simply: Socially liberal, Economically Conservative

if you consider yourself a republican you are BOTH heartless and can't think past next week
^ So you're a liberal/democrat right? Sure seems like it....

OP
Jun 26, 2009
San Francisco, CA
Status
Pre-Medical
By the way does anyone know how to add more choices to the poll like Independant or Moderate?

Thanks to everyone who is voting of all political stripes :)

Last edited:

BlueElmo

10+ Year Member
Sep 7, 2006
Status
Medical Student

^ So you're a liberal/democrat right? Sure seems like it....
yeah me too, liberal socially and conservative economically.

ParthVader

10+ Year Member
Feb 18, 2009
Boston
Status
Pre-Medical
Ok the two options in this poll are the two extremes.... What about the moderates!?!!?!?!

Also there are ways you can be both conservative and liberal.. when it comes to social issues, I'm pretty liberal; however, I would say I'm not too liberal when it comes to the fiscal issues [i.e. welfare programs...]

UVAbme2009

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 26, 2008
Status
Medical Student
I'm becoming more conservative overall day by day. But I'm at a moderate stance right now.

cliffhuxtableDO

Hand sanitizer on deck
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 9, 2008
Status
Medical Student
I'm a conservative liberal... Let the republicans take care of the money and let people have civil rights.

dw2158

10+ Year Member
Dec 28, 2008
Status
Pre-Medical
i am issue by issue... so i guess i'm moderate.

my heart is usually on the (very) liberal side, but my head pulls me back towards the middle. :oops:

loveoforganic

-Account Deactivated-
10+ Year Member
Jan 30, 2009
Status
I generally consider myself pretty liberal, but my views tend to fall pretty much in line with my gf's dad who considers himself a compassionate conservative and lobbies as such, so who knows!

GTV

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Mar 31, 2009
Status
Resident [Any Field]
My views generally align more with the conservative point of view both socially and fiscally... I keep trying to convince myself that I'm truly a moderate, but I just can't do it.

Oh and why are conservatives heartless? Because they are realistic?

njr3332

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 15, 2009
Status
Pre-Medical
Socially liberal and fiscally conservative

BigChubbyMD

Subjugated yet honored
Jun 23, 2009
Status
Medical Student
my heart is usually on the (very) liberal side, but my head pulls me back towards the middle. :oops:
Same here....stoopid head (or heart, I'm not sure which is best)

BigChubbyMD

Subjugated yet honored
Jun 23, 2009
Status
Medical Student
Socially liberal and fiscally conservative
This seems to be a common thing among people here (I'm sorta that way as well). How much of this is due to the fact that one day we will all be in the "rich" category and don't want to be taxed out of it?

BerlinDude

7+ Year Member
Jul 2, 2009
Status
Fiscal conservatives - morons who plan to live beyond their means for years and go up to their eyeballs in debt, but magically expect to be rich at the end of the process because they are so darn special!

The same brilliant logic is responsible for our 10 trillion dollar national debt.

GTV

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Mar 31, 2009
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I'd be curious how people's political views change from college to after they've practiced medicine for a few years. Most of the doctors i know are pretty conservative and think Obama's proposals won't work. Just curious...

BerlinDude

7+ Year Member
Jul 2, 2009
Status
I'd be curious how people's political views change from college to after they've practiced medicine for a few years. Most of the doctors i know are pretty conservative and think Obama's proposals won't work. Just curious...
Most of the doctors you know are idiots.

Also, if they think Obama's proposals won't work, I'll just have to respond with "Yes we can!". Of course, only true Americans understand the significance of those words, not like the unpatriotic 'doctors' of questionable motivations and unflattering intelligence you seem to hang out with.

Quantum Mecha

Jul 21, 2009
Earth
Status
Pre-Medical
I would consider myself moderate. It really depends on the issue.

Dec 21, 2008
Status
Attending Physician

Also, if they think Obama's proposals won't work, I'll just have to respond with "Yes we can!". Of course, only true Americans understand the significance of those words, not like the unpatriotic 'doctors' of questionable motivations and unflattering intelligence you seem to hang out with.
Wow...just wow.:rolleyes:

BennieBlanco

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Aug 24, 2008
Status
Most Americans are "C: None of the above"

They are moderates

unsung

10+ Year Member
Mar 12, 2007
Status
Resident [Any Field]

How do you manage to pull off sounding like the typical flag-waving conservative in your attempt to bash conservatism? lol

I'm a liberal, btw. I just hate it when people (typically conservatives, but not always apparently) resort to questioning a person's patriotism to make a point. "True Americans"? *gag*

DrYoda

Space Cowboy
10+ Year Member
Jun 22, 2008
Dagobah System
Status
Attending Physician
How do you manage to pull off sounding like the typical flag-waving conservative in your attempt to bash conservatism? lol

I'm a liberal, btw. I just hate it when people (typically conservatives, but not always apparently) resort to questioning a person's patriotism to make a point. "True Americans"? *gag*
So you hate freeedom do you?
J/K

I'm fiscially conservative, varying on other issues. I'd probably call myself a moderate if it needed to be narrowed down.

plsletmein

im on bended knees
May 6, 2009
Status
I consider myself a moderate like a lot of the other posters- I lean left socially and right fiscally

SirGecko

Go Navy
10+ Year Member
Feb 27, 2008
Status
Resident [Any Field]

:thumbup: This kind of political zealotry is why I can't stand watching most political coverage. (it most definitely works both ways, people seem to want to assume they are right and the other side is filled with idiots/evil people)

For the record I'm a moderate but I lean slightly conservative fiscally and liberal socially. (not quite radical enough to call myself a libertarian but I can see where they are coming from)

dw2158

10+ Year Member
Dec 28, 2008
Status
Pre-Medical
what's with all the fiscal conservatives on here? i definitely tend to be fiscally liberal. if i were to lean conservative on something (which i usually don't) it would be a social issue. taxes rule! :p

ParthVader

10+ Year Member
Feb 18, 2009
Boston
Status
Pre-Medical

You don't blindly follow politicians... and after all thats what Obama is... And what "true" Americans are you referring to? the ones that don't pay anything in taxes but only take welfare..?

Narmerguy

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Jul 14, 2007
I find it interesting that so many people here are "socially liberal" but "fiscally conservative" when many liberal policies would be ineffective/unmangeable with a fiscally conservative government. The two are intertwined.

Reactions: BurntFlower

avantdesign

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Nov 25, 2008
Status
Pre-Medical
I find it interesting that so many people here are "socially liberal" but "fiscally conservative" when many liberal policies would be ineffective/unmangeable with a fiscally conservative government. The two are intertwined.
hear hear

dw2158

10+ Year Member
Dec 28, 2008
Status
Pre-Medical
:thumbup:

and again for emphasis: taxes rule!

Jul 8, 2009
Status
Pre-Medical
I am so far right that I am leaning over the edge.
*extremely conservative*

NickNaylor

Thank You for Smoking
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
May 22, 2008
Deep in the heart of Texas
Status
Attending Physician
:thumbup:

I like the liberal philosophy and liberal ideas, but, as someone else noted, there simply aren't the resources available to see these things through in any effective manner (without paying a ridiculous amount of taxes). Ultimately, I would rather lean to the conservative rather than liberal side of the spectrum.

NoMoreAMCAS

10+ Year Member
Jul 10, 2008
Ohio
Status
Pre-Medical
Conservative fiscally, Liberal socially.

I'm a Libertarian, but since that wasn't an option I chose the side that is more important to me, the fiscal side.