Would you eat a poop hot dog to gain admission to your first choice school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Would you eat a poop hot dog to get into your first choice school?

• Yes

Votes: 2,011 63.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,168 36.7%

• Total voters
Hermit MMood said:
p.s. milhouse van heuten, what does your name mean?

Geez. Aren't they teaching these kids anything in school anymore??

Of course it's from the Simpsons. Blue glasses. Bart's dorky friend.

Members don't see this ad.

hmmmmm, simpsons is not what it used to be. it's become crap. that's why the simpsons needs to eat a poop hot dog that is one foot long

This is a hilarious post. Anyway, the bigger question for me has been "What are you willing to do, in order to get into medical school?" There is obviously lots of positive/legitimate things one could do, like study hard etc.

Getting into medical school is tough. As an international student, I was often told that getting into American medical school would be even tougher for me. So my friends used to tease me by asking "Would you marry an American to get into medical school?" What they meant was if I married an American, I would get citizenship (or at least permanent residency), which would make med school prospects brighter. Was I willing to do it? No, getting into medical school didn't seem that important for me to enter into a marriage of convenience. I chose the 'tougher' route, according to them- to shine in my college life, hoping that some med school somewhere would accept me.

Things have worked out quite well. What is more, I can still marry anyone I want, regardless of nationality, or any of those other variables :)

So before you start preparing to gulp down that footlong...remember, there are multiple alternatives.

Peace, Tufty.

PS. In case you had not noticed, I just wanted to bump this thread forward again :)

Members don't see this ad :)
If I could go where ever I wanted and get a ortho residency straight out of med school with no general surgery, I would eat two.

Yuh damn right I would.

Yours,
Caraway

...with a nice glass of OJ and a caesar salad. No problem.

bewitched1081 said:
i wouldnt eat a poop dog for a trillion dollars.

for a trillion dollars? wow. i would do much much more for a trillion dollars...

That first choice school better make you a supreme jedi doctor, or make you the galactic emperor of the world

Brain said:
So if you could get into your first choice med school by eating poop, wouldn't top schools like Harvard, Duke etc be filled entirely by **** eaters? What would that do to the rankings?

So what if you had more than a class' worth of people willing to eat a poop hot dog to go to a given school? Would the poop hot dog function as an extra secondary (eat this, return notarized witness statement and $100, please)? Or would they have a big event on interview days, NYC eating contest style, where applicants compete to see how many poop hot dogs they can eat in five minutes?

And would this affect your clinical experience, if hordes of premed volunteers line up to practice on your manual disimpaction cases?

As long as it has kraut.

But do you have to keep it down? I could probably eat a foot-long turd, but not immediately projectile vomiting afterward....

But then, it has kraut.

this thread definitely needs to be stickied

I never thought it would come to this. A couple of months ago I would have said he!! no. But now...I think that I would do it. Eat it, puke it back up, drink the poopy puke. JUST LET ME IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
brickmanli said:
Well, I guess it's better than sexual favors.
Uhm - I would WAY rather rim some old geezer than eat his recycled lunch.

silvercholla said:
I agree with DIO this is nasty..... Besides you'd probably end up with some kind of infection go into septic shock and then die!!! So why bother!!!! Become a PA, or a EMT or a Paramedic while you reapply. It would be safer and a lot less disgusting!

From someone who has been vomited on "in the line of duty" as an EMT . . . "a lot less disgusting" is quite the overstatement.

:p

glad to see this old thread is back up and running.

This is a fun post, but let's get a bit darker...

Would you beat up a hobo to get into medical school? If you knew he would be alright but have a broken hobo-leg for a while?

Do Not Stray From The Topic Never Ever Jump Away From Poop Hot Dog Topic Or You Will Suffer The Wrath Of Khan!!!!!

Would it be a smoothie-dog or a one of those with corn and nuts in it?

Would it be my own poop or that of a stranger?

The sweet scent of pipe tobacco invades your nostrils as you walk into the room. Standing there at the entrance you glance around you to see an array of thick books lining the mahogany bookshelves. For some reason you feel very relaxed in the room, it could be the warm sunlight that's filtering in through the window behind the desk, or the colorful portraits hanging on the wall. All of a sudden the warm feeling vanishes as you realize where you really are: you're at your number one choice for medical school, your dream school and behind the desk in the chair with it's back facing toward you is your interviewer. The swivel chair slowly turns around and there you are confronted with the man who you will be spending the next fifteen minutes with (or at least you hope it will last that long). He's an elderly man, you assume early to mid sixties. His face is all shriveled like that of a raisin, probably from years of heavy smoking. He has on thick glasses much like that evil b!tch of a teacher you had for Biology class, actually, had she a bit more facial hair they could've passed off for twins you think to yourself. He sits there staring at you, you begin to panic, thousands of thoughts begin to fly through your head, "Am I dressed appropriately? Why is he looking at me so strangely, is there a booger hanging out of my nose? Should I wait for him to talk or should I?" After 20 seconds of silence (and staring at you in a creepy way), "Sit" he says in a raspy voice, and motions toward the wooden chair seated in front of his desk. You walk over to the chair and sit down. "This is quite an office..." you begin to say but he quickly cuts you off with a hand gesture to indicate silence. He reaches over and pulls out a pile of papers from his desk. "Good he's pulling out my files" you think to yourself. "Have you ever heard of the Student Doctor Network forums?" He asks. "Oh yes, actually..." he cuts you off again, "Are you an active-posting member?" he asks. You figure it best that you give him a straight answer so just reply with a "Yes" instead of trying to continue the conversation. He drops the pile of papers onto the desk and they make a slight thud. "What I have here..." he points to the papers, "...are some unusual posts from that silly forum, one in particular that catches my attention is this one" he tosses a paper to you and you read the title "Would you eat a poop hot dog to gain admission to your first choice school?" How could you forget this one!? You try and hold back a grin but it's no use, as you begin reading the posts "...I'm talkin' foot long..." when you see out of the corner of the eye your interviewer reaching back into the desk drawer and pulling something out. "Good god", you think to yourself, "what smells like ****?" You glance up and to your horror, there lying on the middle of his desk on top of a bunch of other papers is a white plate. On top of the plate are what looks like corndogs, but you know what he's getting at, and you sure as hell know what those are. "Now by looking at the grin on your face there a few seconds ago I think you know what this is about, and let me start out by telling you this is no joke". You begin to feel dizzy. "Medical schools around the country decided a few days ago that along with good grades and mcat scores, which you most certainly do have, the applicant must prove that they are "enthusiastic" about getting into medical school, therefore we have decided to come up with little "tests" to see how committed you really are." You gulp, your head begins to pound, and you can feel your hear beating like mad. "So my friend, you have two choices: a) eat the "poop hot dog" like your fellow SDN'ers call it, or b) walk out, and never set foot in anything medical related EVER, I will notify all committees that you failed to pass the "test" and will make sure that no one ever admits you, not even the Carribean, it's entirely up to you." You glance down at the three poop hot dogs on the plate, the stench growing more intense with each breath you take, what do I do, what do I do, WHAT DO I DO!?!?!?!?!, the voice keeps screaming to you inside your head. What did you do?

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
c'mon eating poop once isn't that bad... however, if you had to eat poop hotdogs for a week, thats a different story.

witt105 said:
c'mon eating poop once isn't that bad... however, if you had to eat poop hotdogs for a week, thats a different story.

That depends... whose poop?

i just pooped. if someone ate the poop i just pooped, it would melt in their mouth and not in their hand.

i would do it. the foul taste of poop would be masked by the sweet taste of victory.

coprophiliacs! all of you! :laugh:
and i just thought pre-meds/med students only suffered from anxiety and depression...

BOOYAH said:
I can't believe this thread is still alive. It was from last year!

A better question is, would you eat a poop hot dog, and if you vomited you would have to eat your own vomit?

Even better/worse, would you eat a poop hot dog, poop it out, then eat your own piping hot poop dog to get in to your first choice?

booyah

I AM DYING !!!!!!!!!! LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL :laugh:

this is both hysterical and disgusting :barf: what you just said

okay guys, i must admit, i have been resurrecting this thread every 3 months or so, in honor of this amazing thread that changed my life.

without this thread, i don't think i would have the motivation to work hard in college.

thank you milton, and to that, 1 YEAR ANNIVERSARY!!!

BUMP! And YES!

Wow. Yes. But please don't make me.

Turkeyman said:
BUMP! And YES!
please bump this thread in march/april. thank you kindly for bumping it now.

If you had to pick, would you eat dog poop or some other human's poop? If human, then who?

letmein!please? said:
If you had to pick, would you eat dog poop or some other human's poop? If human, then who?

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Milhouse Van Houten said:
I'm talkin' foot long. I know I would.
Hell yea!! Throw some mustard and saurkraut on that baby too!! :eek:

jbone said:
Hell yea!! Throw some mustard and saurkraut on that baby too!! :eek:

Hellz y3a!

No. there is always something people can't handle, and for me, it's poop. I hate the smell of poop. it makes me darn near vomit. Always has, always will I think. Even the smell of my own poop completely takes away any appetite. Let's not even start on how I felt changing my children's diapers. Ick. I will never be a GI person or a proctologist. Never.

Now vomit? Hell, I don't care. vomit all over me. that's ok. Just no poop. My husband is exactly the opposite - handles poop just fine, but don't vomit near him or he'll be joining you.

ShyRem said:
No. there is always something people can't handle, and for me, it's poop. I hate the smell of poop. it makes me darn near vomit. Always has, always will I think. Even the smell of my own poop completely takes away any appetite. Let's not even start on how I felt changing my children's diapers. Ick. I will never be a GI person or a proctologist. Never.

Now vomit? Hell, I don't care. vomit all over me. that's ok. Just no poop. My husband is exactly the opposite - handles poop just fine, but don't vomit near him or he'll be joining you.
Yea, but your telling me to get into CU all you have to do is down a turd and you wouldn't do that??? Bring it on. I'm desperate. :barf:

Baby poo smells nice...like mama's milk. Plus it's smaller.

At this point, I'm gonna have to say YES :scared:

chaeymaey said:
Baby poo smells nice...like mama's milk. Plus it's smaller.
WTF??? my kind of woman. ;) (call me) :laugh:

Hell yes, after enough vodka that i can no longer taste anything

jackets5 said:
Hell yes, after enough vodka that i can no longer taste anything
I couldn't tell the difference. Vodka tastes just like the shiz anyway. Bottoms up!! :barf: :hardy:

Certified disease free? Like irradiated poop? :p

MoosePilot said:
Certified disease free? Like irradiated poop? :p

Nope, nope! Fresh out of the rectum!

Wait, did the OP mean a foot-long poop hot dog from yourself, from AMCAS...or maybe it would be regulated by each specific medical school. The poop hot dog at JHU would be full of corn and mucus and stuff, while other lower tier schools would have nice, smooth stools that go down easily.

...Oh gosh ;0 <---makes this face and walks away

Turkeyman said:
Nope, nope! Fresh out of the rectum!

Wait, did the OP mean a foot-long poop hot dog from yourself, from AMCAS...or maybe it would be regulated by each specific medical school. The poop hot dog at JHU would be full of corn and mucus and stuff, while other lower tier schools would have nice, smooth stools that go down easily.

...Oh gosh ;0 <---makes this face and walks away

stools that go down easy? I guess u mean drinking diarrhea?

How much does this hot dog cost? Do you have to eat second(arie)s?

How much does this hot dog cost? Do you have to eat second(arie)s?

I would eat anything, do anything and anyone to gain admission to my #1.

I am a bad person

zurned said:
stools that go down easy? I guess u mean drinking diarrhea?

Hahaha, I was thinking in terms of consistency. The texture of the hot n' smooth turds would be comparable to that of pudding, chocolate mousse, whipped topping or some other soft and silky dessert.

Regarding them actually going past your taste buds....that's a whole diff story =[